Why do I feel insecure when girls talk about hot guys?

I know this isn't an easy question to answer, but I'm just hoping maybe someone can help explain or relate and maybe offer advice to stop it. I come from a background of low self esteem, depression and suicidal thoughts. The last two months though have been the best I have had in a while just as far as happiness goes. But today while I was working, my girl coworkers were talking about how hot soccer players, and other forms of athletes are. I tried his letting it go, but for the first time in a while I got really insecure and just felt like I'm not the type of guy girls would talk about like that. Can anyone help?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Because you don't see yourself as hot and the type of guy girls would talk about. Therefore you feel shitty and insecure.

• I feel insecure because it makes me feel ugly. I just try to ignore it and walk away. Forget about anything they said.