Part of the "in" criowd?

Are you or were you part of the cool crowd at high school?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• In my country Switzerland these kind of groups don't really exist among students. Everyone is pretty equal. This is true for high school but even much more so for university. At university, most people are already very mature and they act pretty much like it's a job, so they just do their stuff and try to learn something. We do have things like fraternities/sororities but contrary to the US, they're not popular here. Most people kinda look down at them because most of these people (especially fraternity guys) are rather strange folks.
    When I was in high school in America, there were these kind of groups but I didn't belong to the "cool" kids. I was very popular/successful with the girls, thanks to my exotic status as an exchange student but most guys didn't care too much about me. Looking back, I think I had the opportunity to get into that cool-people circle in the very beginning because some girls from that circle liked me, but because I come from a country where this doesn't exist, I didn't know anything about it and I basically blew it. But in the end it was still okay because I made a few great male friends and girlfriends. It was perhaps even better that way because the students in my peer group took me the way I was, whereas the students in the cool-people-circle seemed rather superficial. If you couldn't keep up with what they thought was cool, you were basically abandoned.

Most Helpful Girl

• i hated that bit of high school. i was always perceived to be, but i never wanted to be. so it was kinda like i was trying to pull away from being boxed into that kinda group. sure, the recognition was nice, but a lot of people in that group weren't the best people.

i dunno i just dont like being branded like that, especially when people have no idea who i am.

What Guys Said 12

• Nope! Most people in my school/University were oblivious to my existence! I just kept to myself.

• ''Cool crowd'' holy shit, Lmao.

No, I wasn't, I had a some minor friends who were in it, But i wasn't.

• Yea auto correct doesn't work! Lol

• Yea damn auto correct! Lol

• Ey no worries matey haha. Take care!

• I floated between the funny loud crowd who were generally stupid asf and the quieter (but still social) incredibly smart crowd. Usually hung out with one because i got bored of the other.

• Haha nahh, tbh I was only known as much as I was because I excelled at sports. I really disliked a lot of people I went to school with.

• I didn't fit in or identify with any major groups in high school and I mostly kept to myself as well as hanging out with some close friends. I remained well known in my grade but flew low under the radar for the majority of the school as I wanted to stand out in my own way.

• They wanted me to be in it but I had other ideas

• My high School didn't have an "in" crowed.

• Hell no. I'm part of the outest crowd which is a complete outcast

• I was in a class all my own...

• I've always been ahead of the curve by about two or three things.

• Does being in the varsity football team count?

• Hmm not really, I sometimes hung out with them but usually I stayed by myself

What Girls Said 10

• No, I just formed my own group of outcasts. Best friends I could have ever asked for.

• You know the group of emos, punks, goths, and metalheads at every school/ biggggggggg sports team (like the 145 swimmers on my swim team)? Yeah, that's my crowd. I'm so far from being in the "in" crowd that I've officially given up and started enjoying the hardcore crowd.

• My school was 5,000 people.
    1,100 people in my graduating class.
    There was no "in crowd". Too many people lol

• I guess I was. I didn't really pay much mind to it at the time. I went to a school that had 300 student between grade 9 to 12. So everyone kind of knew each other in a way. I was very proactive in school. Stuck out like a sore thumb in a good way.

• ehh I wasn't but my boyfriend was so I hung out with them from time to time.

I didn't get close to many people in high school

• I was not, I was much more of a loner

• I was I'm between. Mainly kept a low profile, but had some popular friends.

• Nope. I was always the lone wolf, my own choice mostly.

• Loser weirdo crowd, though i had a few friends in the "in crowd"

• Yeah but that's because I've been friends with them from kindergarten because my school is small.