What do you think of people who can't take a joke?

• Want to hug them and tell them that the world is a scary place, they just look so sad and vulnerable
    31%(9)25%(14)Vote19%(5)
  • Fuck em
    69%(20)75%(42)Vote81%(22)

Most Helpful Guy

• Let's be nice and make it option A but... I don't like such people.
    With the exception that there can be subjects one shouldn't joke too much about. Things that are too serious or events where many people got killed, for example :o
    The person who lives with me and can't take a joke will hit me quite often! I joke a lot but never hurt people :D

Sponsored

What Girls Said 16

• I TOTALLY understand it -- and give the person wide berth -- when they "can't take a joke" because the subject is something that has touched their lives in some deep, emotionally sensitive way.
    In this case, refraining not only from crude jokes, but also from that kind of commentary altogether, is just the mark of a classy person in general.
    For instance, my brothers are as crass and dirty as any other blue-collar brothers, but, we have a family friend with a developmentally disabled kid, and, around that friend, they wouldn't DARE make "retarded" jokes. Or even use that word as derisive commentary in general.

In known company, though? Hell yeah, I'm totally rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. (:

But, it's important to understand why there ARE social norms about this sort of thing. People go through enough shit as it is. We don't want the world to become an even more oppressive place for the people who have already gone through the most shit.

At the same time, we need to be careful about the boundary between what's genuinely offensive and what's not.
    Outside of Tumblr and expensive private schools, I actually think the world in general is still doing a pretty good job of this.

• Yeah 4chan is doing a brilliant job of this as well

• You should know me better than to think I meant that as a criticism/complaint. I agree that there's a sort of balance there.

The problem, with the internet, is that there is absolutely NO balance when it comes to *exposure*. People with SJW leanings will spend 100.00000 percent of their internet time on sites that further their already existing beliefs, opinions, and slants -- and likewise for the Elliot Rodger types who hang out on 4chan. It's not like it was in the eighties, where everyone was... well... *socialized*, at least to some extent, and however brutal that process may have been for some.

• Truth is i don't know you at all. I think you misread my intentions of talking about 4chan, i was simply stating what they do.

life still spins on and i wouldn't say it is harder to become socialized, its certainly more difficult considering much of life is not only balancing school and social life but also social graces in social media. Not sure where this came from but i thought we were talking about people feeling so ungrounded in that they must take their problems and make others abide by them

• Lol I can't take a joke, but those are hilarious!

I like these too:
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RbEVrTKvL3s/hqdefault.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/U4b4k8k.jpg

• I think of them as people who don't like jokes, and some of them usually are not fun to be around with.

• Humor is subiective and everyone has a weak spot but when someone is too serious and easily offended by almost anything well... screw them

• I can't stand those people, to me they just come off as stupid, up sensitive cunts.

• Though humour differs from person to person, I still prefer to avoid people like that.

• Thy can't hang with me

• They are living a sad and dull life

• THEY ARE SO ANNOYING! I can't stand those people... ugh

• you need to hug them and educate them on how to prank

• Overly sensitive annoying boring sissy's.

• They are no fun and boring as F

• Liberals

• They are annoying.

• That are smart

What Guys Said 20

• I'm a lot smarter than I believe, and I think IQ tests are BS. I LOVE relational humor, that is connecting things and making them funny! Like social references, and pop-culture references, and I don't think a person needs to be 'SMART' to 'GET' those!!
    But apparently, you do!!
    Most people I know that can't take a joke, don't 'Get it' and get offended, because they know, or think, (subconsciously) that they are stupid, and think I am 'smart' and they assume I am being condescending saying it, but I'm not!!!

• I can forgive if it the humor is so dry and witty that it goes over their heads. That and irony take intelligence to understand. The people who get offended over jokes which are blatantly obvious almost irritate me. I mean, how do you survive talking to real people and generally in life being so sensitive?

• What's so funny is that I went through a "wanted to be taken serious all the time" phase when I was in elementary school. I thought every kid who made a joke about was trying to bully me.

Luckily I grew out of that very fast, otherwise I would have had ZERO social skills in middle and high school! :-P

• Yup some people go through different stages throughout life otherwise we would not be different

• Prophets through the roof😂 Lmao

If you can't take a joke, join all the rest of the whiny bitches in this world who will have a dull and angry existence. As for me? Let the jokes roll!

tse1.mm.bing.net/th

media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...f5a4da748303.jpg

s2.quickmeme.com/.../...51ff9bd018ca3fdca74a99.jpg

We love you Ricky

• I find them hilarious to screw with. The majority of my questions on girls ask guys are aimed at this select group of people.

• B) and I really think the second one is funny

See, this is what the "PC crowd" should accept as funny.

• Lol seriously go look at my question about a Canadian Police chase it was just for laughs and people from Canada I've communicated on here even joked back. But some people just could not take a joke. Its just really fuck off. Lmao

• Jokes are all well and good until taken to far. This has happened to me a bit whether by touching on asubject which is a bit of a no-go or them trying to do the same banter which just gets annoying. I can take banter and dish it out but there becomes a point where it gets too much and you have to put your foot down

• They can't take a joke cos they are a joke.

• Without them, we'd all miss out on national landmarks such as he petrified forest... Someone has to clinch a stick up their butt for the next generation...

• i just assume the are part of the sjw lgbtq feminist crowd

• I think about what that says about them, why did they take it personally. There's a lot you can learn about people by the way they react.

• fuck em

• I wanna slap them in the face.

• They should grow the fuck up. I hate 2016...

• I think those kinds of people are way too serious.

• The shitter ones are the ones who joke with u yet they hate it if you joke with them

• Boring as fuck, like c'mon life is short to be too serious all the time. You gotta laugh at things.

• It's probably all Obama's fault

• Fuck em I don't care