Parents, do you get offended when someone calls their pet their child?

I've heard that some mothers get offended when they hear another person refer to their pets as their son/daughter/baby/child. They say that it takes away from the troubles they had to go to in order to become a mother, and that pet owners shouldn't call their pets their children. I don't think I'd get offended by it, even if I had kids. So does anyone here actually get offended by that?

• Yes, it offends me when people call their pets children.
  • No, it doesn't offend me when people call their pets children.
  • I've never heard anyone say this/this is ridiculous
  • Results

Most Helpful Guy

• I couldn't careless to be honest

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never heard anyone say this I call mine my children because I literally do everything for them, feed them, clean up their shit, pay their vet bills, children grow up and learn to do this when they reach certain ages- pets yes can be left alone once trained however you're doing that for the rest of their lives.

• There was some article going around on Facebook about it from an angry mom who didn't like it, and a few people were agreeing with her in the comments.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• People NEED things to get offended over nowadays.

I don't plan on having kids so my animals are my children ✌🏻️ Don't give a heckin flip if someone has an issue with it and gets offended

• I haven't heard of anyone complaining over that. It sounds silly to me.

• Huh? I didn't realize that was a thing that people get angry about. I got a cat, who've been around since i was 6, he's like an bestfriend and my child, I've called him 'my kid' at times, my mom basically just agreed with me :')

• Not at all.

• I'm not a parent, but I call my pets my kids

• Not exactly offended. But I think it's stupid to do that..