Parents, do you get offended when someone calls their pet their child?

I've heard that some mothers get offended when they hear another person refer to their pets as their son/daughter/baby/child. They say that it takes away from the troubles they had to go to in order to become a mother, and that pet owners shouldn't call their pets their children. I don't think I'd get offended by it, even if I had kids. So does anyone here actually get offended by that?

• Yes, it offends me when people call their pets children.
    4% (1)0% (0)2% (1)Vote
  • No, it doesn't offend me when people call their pets children.
    58% (15)57% (8)58% (23)Vote
  • I've never heard anyone say this/this is ridiculous
    15% (4)21% (3)18% (7)Vote
  • Results
    23% (6)22% (3)22% (9)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
7|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I couldn't careless to be honest

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never heard anyone say this I call mine my children because I literally do everything for them, feed them, clean up their shit, pay their vet bills, children grow up and learn to do this when they reach certain ages- pets yes can be left alone once trained however you're doing that for the rest of their lives.

1|0
    0|0
    • There was some article going around on Facebook about it from an angry mom who didn't like it, and a few people were agreeing with her in the comments.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Girls Said 6

• People NEED things to get offended over nowadays.

I don't plan on having kids so my animals are my children ✌🏻️ Don't give a heckin flip if someone has an issue with it and gets offended

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't heard of anyone complaining over that. It sounds silly to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Huh? I didn't realize that was a thing that people get angry about. I got a cat, who've been around since i was 6, he's like an bestfriend and my child, I've called him 'my kid' at times, my mom basically just agreed with me :')

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a parent, but I call my pets my kids

1|0
    0|0
  • Not exactly offended. But I think it's stupid to do that..

1|0
    0|0