Is lucid dreaming really a real phenomenon?

Can anyone here lucid dream? Please share your experiences and those facts you know about it.

"A lucid dream is any dream during which the dreamer is aware that they are dreaming.
During lucid dreaming, the dreamer may be able to exert some degree of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

• Yes
  • No
  • I don't know

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had a few. There's one i can remember very vividly in which I was hugging my grandma. You see my grandma passed away 10 years ago and I dreamed I was in a new house where she lived. I then went to hug her goodbye when I suddenly became aware that she was no longer alive and this could only be a dream so I hugged her tightly and I told her I missed her so much and I wish I could see her in real life. She didn't say anything and kept smiling. And then I woke up.

Most Helpful Guy

• In my entire life I've had about...3 lucid dreams.
    All when I was a kid.
    Just started flapping my arms and flew awayyy.
    Lucid dreams usually don't last very long , once I realized I was dreaming , at best I have a few minutes to act out all the things I want before I get thrown back into reality.
    Sucks.

What Girls Said 1

• Definitely. Have experienced it many times.

What Guys Said 1

• Of course they are. I can't even recall any past dreams of mine, that weren't lucid.