Thoughts on breast enhancement?

I'm curious- whether it be for aesthetic reasons or self-esteem or because someone had breast cancer etc.
I was thinking about getting BE when I'm older if I'm still so self conscious about my small breasts, and I just wanna hear what everyone thinks about it.

Disclaimer: I'm not gonna do it as soon as I'm 18, I'm not doing it for anyone else but myself, I'm ONLY thinking about it [it isn't a decided thing], and I just want to know your opinions on it.

@redeyemindtricks
I know you got breast augmentation rght?
idc if you like small boobs anyway, or dont want me to do it, thats not what im asking!
and keep in mind, i know there's disadvantages to big boobs but there are pros and cons to everyhing in life

Most Helpful Guy

• I was going to say it's fake and shallow... but let's be real. If there was some surgery that could give you almost permanent abs and nice muscular arms, I would already have gotten a credit card out and done it.

• Oh and don't go crazy with it. Look at Alexandra Daddario in "The Lighting Thief" and then look at her in "San Andreas." That's called overdoing it. The idea is to have boobs that fit your body properly.

Most Helpful Girl

• ahah, I swear, I should write a fucking FAQ on this.

Yes, I had breast augmentation surgery. it was quite easily one of the best decisions of my entire life, and I've never regretted it once for a single moment.

A few thoughts in no particular order.

__

••• EVERY WOMAN'S MOTIVATIONS ARE DIFFERENT, UNIQUE, AND COMPLEX •••

Trust me, you REALLY will not understand why any given woman is contemplating this operation, until you TALK TO HER and (gasp!) try to see the situation from her point of view.

For me, it was the usual... bla bla bla bla skinny bla bla bla can't fill out a dress bla bla bla. But, I've always been wary of body modifications, and I didn't really think I would actually pull the trigger on BA surgery, until my OWN FIRSTBORN BABY LITERALLY STARTED DYING, right in front of my eyes, because my tiny-ass breasts didn't have enough tissue for him to get a decent "latch".
    He was wasting away, when he should have been gaining weight like a champ. We fed him formula -- but I also suffered the indignity of watching him clamp right down on one of my fuller-figured girlfriends' boobs and start sucking away.
    This isn't a new thing in human history ("wet nurses" have been around as long as humans have been around), but, still, this incident destroyed whatever shred of worth I still felt in my body as a "feminine" object. Needless to say, I signed up for that surgery as soon as it was medically feasible.

You see my point.
    Or, hopefully you do.
    Wherever you might *think* you see "some shallow-ass bitch"... you might ACTUALLY be seeing a woman whose natural breasts weren't good enough to feed her own child.

Empathy, kids.

NEVER assume you know what battles others are fighting.

__

••• NO, REALLY, YOU CAN'T TELL BY LOOKING... NO, REALLY, I SWEAR, YOU CAN'T •••

You get what you pay for.

If you get a shitty hack job off of a Groupon in a third-rate city, then, yeah, it will probably be obvious that you've had surgery.

If you get GOOD plastic surgery done by a first-rate surgeon in Orange County or New York... hell no you can't tell.

You should probably take my word for it, but, if not, just google up something like "quiz real or fake boobs". You will NOT score 100 percent. (And sometimes the quiz authors are guessing, too -- celebrity surgeries are VERY closely guarded secrets).

Basically, if a woman is over 35 years old and she has large breasts that are still "pert"... yeah, something's been tweaked there. It's a beautiful thing, y'all.

__

• ••• MEN'S SUPPORT AND EMPATHY IS APPRECIATED, BUT, MEN'S OPINION IS ULTIMATELY IRRELEVANT •••

^^ Read that 50 times.

We NEVER do this for men.

We do it for OUR reasons.

Ultimately -- as with every other major step in the journey of life -- our partners' support is loved and appreciated.

But -- outside of the fantastic world of Tumblr bimbo-fetish blogs, at least -- we DO NOT get this operation to please men.
      Nope.
      Not EVER.

If a woman DOES get a BA with men in mind, then, boys, I hate to tell you this, but, she's a straight, cold hustler. The ONLY way in which men might even enter into this equation, is that she might get the BA to hustle them better.

Otherwise, she's getting it for her own reasons. She'd like a man's support, but, she's not doing it for him.

Because, ultimately:

Number of quality men who'd be with her in her "natural" state, who'd dump her with the operation:
      0

Number of quality men who'd be with her post-op, who'd have passed her up before:
      0

End of.

• mahah it's... not difficult to notice that a newborn is losing weight, when said newborn is supposed to be gaining more than half a pound a week.

• Tx for the MH luv <3

What Guys Said 23

• I know plenty of female fitness competitors that are low body fat and got boob jobs. Most guys assume girls get boob implants for men, but that's not the case. Women get implants for themselves. And plenty of guys, such as myself, literally don't care about boob implants. I just love boobs lol

• It's a downgrade for me unless you do it for a good reason (cancer, accident, etc.) and not just because of the size.

Fake boobs are nice as long as you have clothes on and didn't overdo it. But then when you take them off and it actually matters... Meh.

Shape, feeling and proportion are at least as important as the size and a boobjob usually fucks with at least once of them. That's why it is not worth in my opinion.

I yet have to see a statistic which shows that most people prefer bigger fake boobs over small natural ones, and because you usually can easily tell that they are fake especially when you had small ones, I don't see how that should help much with the self esteem.

That's my opinion, not trying to convince anyone else. But I'd definitely be disappointed if my girlfriend would wanna do it just because of the size.

• i wanna do it to help improve my self esteem if i still dislike it in the future

• Didn't say you do or have to care if I like it or not, you asked for thoughts and I gave you mine, nothing more

• If you want to do it, don't make it really big. I saw a programme on TV about bewbs. A group of women have their bewbs shown and have few people asked to have a guess which ones were real or not. One woman had hers done and it looked pretty real. It was done just right. Right size for her, just to up her self-esteem for herself.

• I don't get why people do it but if that's what they want then that's what they gotta do ain't it?

• So long as it is tasteful and you don't look freakish, go for it. I know breast cancer survivors who had them and it did wonders for them, emotionally and otherwise.

• did you read my post about flat chested girls being beautiful?

anyway, i'm pretty libertarian. i think people should do what they want. whatever makes them happy. if you do it, you'll have no judgment from me.

but it's not necessary and there's so much better things you could do with that $4000

• I think it's okay. You stated that you naturally have small breasts so I don't think their should be anything wrong with you enchancing them. It's your body so it's up to you.

• I hate fake tits and won't be with a woman that has them

• You're awesome the way you are, Jade! Other than that it's a personal choice so I wouldn't try to talk you into or out of it. Happiness is found within so find yours and be at peace with your choices.

• As part of reconstruction after surgery, implants might be okay.
    For the sake of vanity and improving a woman's sexual market value, implants are a bad idea.
    Seldom do implants look natural. Long term, they are trouble. All implants will leak, eventually. Silicone in the lymphatic system is a nasty way to die.
    Women, be aware that most men dislike fake tits. Most men prefer you with the standard equipment, whatever size that may be.

• I've definitely thought about augmentation for the thing I'm insecure about, but the thought of never having my REAL body part again is frightening. And i am insecure about it, but at the end of the day it comes from other people. I still genuinely love my body, it feels good when i touch myself, i even think it looks good, the only issue is a fear that girls won't like me. So for those reasons i would never do that. I'd rather people be mean to me than not be me at all, yknow?

As for cancer and accidents? I think it's a great idea. Let's fix this country's medical structure and give that to people who need it and had no choice in the matter.

• i hate fake tit's as well. i think all men like big titties, including myself. with that in mind, howver, i've been attracted to girls with smaller tits.

• I don't care. I think boobs are nice at any size

• its fine I guess I've got no problem with small boobs

• No. Don't put a bag of silicone in your body wtf

• I would strongly recommend against it. Most people get them because of their own psychological issues, which fake boobs won't fix.

• You can make your breasts bigger without the implants! Just pump up the pasta!

• It's a horrible thing without sound reason.

• faker the better

• Just unnatural

• My friend did it, after she graduated high school. She regrets it.
    I told her to not do it.

• DOESN'T BOTHER ME

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 22

• Many people are against it. And I've been adamantly against them, and then very much for them. I decided to perhaps get them at the age of 18. I lost hope that my boobs would grow, but me being a research lover, I decided to take years to do my research.

Here's what I found:
    -Getting implants isn't a one time "investment", you more likely than not, have to get them redone every so often. Be prepared for maintenance costs.
    -the risks. Obviously, it's surgery. There's risks during surgery and scarring and infections etc.
    -Obvious chance of regret. Not every woman regrets it, but there's a chance your insecurity will pass.
    -something not spoken about, is the alarming increase risk of suicide. Women with implants are about 6× as likely to commit suicide than women without implants. Many of the women mistakenly assume bigger boobs will increase quality of life. Sure it can help with self esteem, but they're not a quick fix.

Ultimately, when I was about 17-18 I decided to give myself about 10yrs. I have decided not to do it after my research. A few years ago, I was excited and actually researching reputable doctors. But now I don't want to.
    I'm 24, in a 34A cup, I've been this size for a while, and I'm not saying I love my body, but I have accepted it. I will not get surgery unless I need it.

Do I still want big boobs? Yes, yes I do. But will I get them by implants? No.

Do your research, the choice is up to you ultimately.

• I think it's not an effective way to fix the underlying self esteem issue. Learn to love and appreciate the body you have. If you focus on what you feel you're lacking, there will always be something that you'll want to fix. You'll get your breasts done, but then it'll be your nose or your ears or this that or some other thing that sticks out to you as the "one thing" that, if only it were bigger/smaller/different, then you could feel good about yourself... and maybe you'll get that "fixed" too... but then it'll be something else... it won't end, and you'll never feel good enough.

Focus on accepting your body. It really is the only cure of what ails you.

• If you feel like it will make you happy, go for it.

I've neverr had them nor will I. But I understand others getting work done.

• Hmm, I don't really think much of it. It's not something that I would want to do but I don't think it's a bad thing at all and if it makes you happy and it's safe, that's all that matters.

• I don't know... the whole idea freaks me out a little, the idea of having a foreign object in my body is weird :x
    I mean, I have small tits myself, B cups , but I don't think I'll do it, I would rather focus on other assets of my body I guess.

• Honestly small breasts are better than large lol I can tell you that. Body modifications aren't all bad. But there's a certain point where I don't like it. Unless your breast was removed for some reason is drastically uneven, I don't like it. If I body modification significantly changes the picture of you instead of highlights you, then it's a no no for me. A little piercing or tattoo is whatever, but getting a foreign body shoved into your breast is another ball park. I don't know it just seems rather extreme to me.
    But another issue is if you're changing yourself now to feel better about yourself, you've already started the chain. Your answer to accepting what you have is to change it into what you don't have and crave. It's a vicious cycle and you'll never truly be satisfied that way. But that's jut my opinion

• I feel like so many men kinda make women feel like they need to have some sort of enhancement done. Which is messed up because it shouldn't really matter. Don't do it for any guy, but if you want to do it for yourself then sure why not as long as you don't get one where it's completely obvious and fake looking.

• My thought is, if they're for the person getting them, then there's nothing wrong with it. My problem is when women feel pressure to get them from partners, society, or even relatives (I knew a girl whose father talked her into getting her breasts enhanced). If you want to get it done, consider why. If you get them done because you don't feel like you "measure up," will it end with your breasts?

• Do what you gotta do. I want a reduction, I think I look better with smaller ones.

• I fully support cosmetic enhancement but am yet to do any myself.

I am almost totally flat chested but personally am fine with this.
    I even turned down a foc breast argumentation with zero regret.

• I plan on getting breast augmentation within the next year or 2. If it gives me confidence that's all that matters. I've thought about it, I wanna do it

• Remember, you get what you pay for. You should be paying between 6000 and 7500, if you get the operation done in the States (in the NY or southern CA regions).

Honestly, I wouldn't get it done elsewhere, except for one specific doctor in Houston I personally trust; otherwise, I'd fly out to one of those 2 regions if I were you (again, I can recommend names in either place, especially California).

I'm only saying because 6000-7500 is... a lot for a 22-23-year-old to be able to shoulder. DO NOT pay a discount rate for this procedure.

• @redeyemindtricks oh trust me, I wouldn't go budget on any cosmetic surgery. I make 6k a month on average right now, with minimal expenses, and it would honestly help me make more money, in the long run.

• ^^ check yr messages

• BE isn't something that I'd do. I would worry too much, constantly think about something going wrong with the procedure or regretting the decision later in life. However, if you think that this is what will make you happy and feel beautiful, go for it. Life's too short to give a fuck about what people think. xx

• Get them if it makes YOU feel better. Don't get them if someone else says to do it.

• In the case of breast cancer, it's ok. You just combated a deadly disease, you can do whatever you want if it makes you feel like you're returning to "normal"

In the case of small boobs, no I think it's kinda weird. Guys (and in your case also girls) don't just like one type of boob, boobs are great big and small. Big boobs have disadvantages as well

• Small breasts are easier to have... let's switch!

• I think if that is what you really want then who the hell cares what other people think. If it makes you happy or helps with your esteem to it

• Don't do it, the back pains aren't worth it. Plus once you're old and everything starts to sag, if you have fake boobs that will make the sagging looks really weird.

• I've done a Shit TON of research on this but I hate posting about it here because it attracts a bazillion unsolicited opinions from guys about what we shouldn't or don't need to do it.

I'm happy to share in a PM if you want sometime 🙋

• I say don't do it , to most men it's you trying to hide from your true self. You want people to like you for you girl, not your boobs.

• It's deceiving for the guys, no?

• Are you kidding? I would die to have small breasts. I hate my giant boobs. 😒

• I want to do it too