What is a compliment you remember and think of often?

A compliment I received a long while ago, was from this teacher lady in the hall of my school.

I was walking with a friend or my cousin and I was full on smiling, (teeth and everything), and she walked past and did a double take and said "Wow a smile like sunshine!" And giggled when I blushed before she walked away. Made my entire week.

Most Helpful Guy

• Aw, that's a cute story; what a nice teacher! Most compliments I get are from older ladies too (like middle-aged and beyond haha), much more than I get from any other group for some reason. xD But I still appreciate it, and it always makes my day.

Probably the nicest compliment I've ever gotten was from a friend --- who I guess is also technically an "older lady", but really only 5 years older than I am haha --- who said she thought I had the "cutest smile she had ever seen on a guy" and that she wanted to ask me out on a date. She is bisexual, hence the "on a guy" specifier for her compliment lol! But I'll still take it any day. :P

I hadn't actually thought about it for a long while, but your question reminded me of it again, so thank you. :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 18

• I over heard a friend of mine at a party talking about me. She was conversing with another friend and said "It would be awesome if X (me) and X (another friend of ours) got together. They're the two sexiest people I know!"

Now I'm a fat nerd and proud of it, always have been, always will be thank you very much. Additionally I've never been described as anything other than 'Very nice looking' or 'Handsome' whatever that means, and almost exclusively by aunties and grandmas.

It was the nicest thing anyone has ever said about my appearance.

• Can't recall the exact compliment but it consisted of them saying something along the lines of having an inner light, that I was a good person. It was nice, because I try very hard to make things better but I tend to be either cold and analytical which makes me seem distant or aggressively blunt so people think its a personal attack instead of me fervently trying to get them to see what they have done and trying to convince them to be better (or wiser) people. Its always in the attempt to try and make things better but so many misinterpret it that it was nice for some one to actually "see" my intentiones for what they where instead of seeing them as an attack.

• One of the most memorable compliments was a dude I use to work with (yeah he was gay). He said I had a warm aura around me, like he could see a lot of good inside of me, a person who had a lot of love to give despite a rough past, and he said to just continue being me because there's a lucky woman out there for me. It really got to me because I barely knew the guy at the time but crazy how spot on he was. I always thought of myself of having that "fuck off" look to strangers, but it felt good knowing someone saw past it. He turned out to be one of the most genuine people I ever met.

• Back a few years ago, a REALLY attractive golfer chick said "Oh wow you're really good at this", to which i replied "yeah, i've been known to find the hole after a few strokes". Made her go all red and giggly and she call me "such a muppet". So it was two compliments actually.

Then she asked me if i wanted to have a game and i was like 😍😍😍 and felt 10ft tall walking to the first hole with her.

• So did you play dat 19th hole?

• @frozenhorizon Unfortunately (is that bad to say?) I was taken. It was tempting to see where it might have led though, I won't even lie, she was a step above my girlfriend at the time lol.

• Back when I was 21 and fresh out of the Navy I dyed my hair jet black just cause. Anyways I went to the store in a black Superman's symbol T-shirt. Standing behind a Mom with two kids in the checkout lane. The little boy looked at me first and his eyes went wide, he tapped his sister and whispered something to her. They both started looking at me confused and intensely for about a minute or two. Eventually they tapped their Mom and asked her something. The mom started laughing and said to them, Well ask him. The little girl said "Umm.. When did you grow a beard, Superman?" Made my Year!

• Girlfriend's teen daughter was overheard telling a friend that "my Mom has a kick ass boyfriend."

That's not a frequently given compliment from what I hear. :-)

• When a girl I sat beside with in class was talking to her friend through papers and I saw what she wrote. It was written that she's in love with my personality.

• You look like one of the good ones gthag why I stopped my cab for u - middle eastern cab guy

And

You look like one of the good ones- old white ladts

• This is not a complement but I love it when I walk into a place and I see a girl I dont know and she freezes up staring at me in total Awe with her jaw dropped wide open. Makes me feel great.

• "I don't totally hate you!" Lmao jk

• When @SunnyCaliGirl said she liked the way I parted my hair.

• You are so cute... said a girl (classmate)

• When someone told me recently "I guess when you're 6'9" your heart is bigger too"

• They always say that im looking sharp. I always put nice clothes on tbh.

• I don't like compliments very much

• I don't have any that I remember. I don't get complimented

• One that I remember is how do you get your hair so shiny which a girl in my math class asked me once

• I don't even think I can remember a time I've received a genuine compliment.

What Girls Said 19

• Had a long and rough day. Went to a new hairdresser and these two sisters were running 2 hours behind. I was patient and calm, because hey, shit happens. When I finally got in the chair, they looked at me like I was something special and kind of beautiful.
    Then their eyes fell on my natural streak and they fussed over it for a few seconds, looked at me and one said "It's like you were touched by an angel."

• "you have lion eyes"
    "you look like somebody's wife"
    "nice forehead"
    "you are the strongest woman i know"
    "your booty looks like a pillow. can i touch it?"

• That I look like a model or that I am beautiful. I hear this almost every day from strangers.

I told my friend it gets annoying hearing this, he said the day when you're old you'll regret not hearing that anymore. So , I guess he's right.

• A guy told me I was beautiful on the inside the sweetest, kindest way. You'd have to be there. It took my breath away and left a definite impression.

I get a lot of comments on my looks but people tend to trash my personality a LOT. Esp back then. It was nice feeling like someone could actually see me.

That's the one that stands out

• Coming from a family were we are constantly asked to be humble specially about physical appearance since its gods gift rather than who we are " You have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen" coming from a guy (now fiance ) It melted my heart away :))

• This guy I dated for a very short time but was friends with for years. He was so sweet to me, I miss it. One thing he said most recently that I loved was that "I have the best personality out of all the girls he's ever met and that's why he liked me so much."
    He then also told me, "You're the best girl I know to this day and you got the best personality. I didn't like you just because of ur looks {okay ur very attractive) I liked you more because of ur personality"
    I was like, oh my fuck 😍

• my ex boyfriend had a passion for writing and he was amazing with compliments. they always felt sincere and came of their own accord, made me feel all buttery inside. he always referred to me as his sexy devil with the face of an angel and i wanna punch something now lmfao >:(

• I opened the door in a metal shirt, a bunch of wristbands, and my converses on, a look that my mom tells me people hate, and my older neighbor, who was dropping stuff off, said "you've become such a beautiful young woman"

I turned three or four shades of red and said thank you.

• Aww, yours is sweet. :) As for mine, I'm really not quite sure.

• I worked as a part time waitress during my university's vacation and one day, a woman called me to her table and offered me her card, to consider a job in airline as a stewardess coz she said "it's sad to see a potential girl working at a wrong place" lolz

• My boss once said that I was one of the best employees she's ever had because I'm calm under pressure and my smile lights up the room.

• Prom 2014. I guess this teacher told this boy he should ask me because he didn't have a date and he must have said no. We're at prom and the guy goes "I should have asked you to prom, you definitely look nice". The teacher said "see i told you" Won't forget that, I'm pretty sure he doubted me which kind of pissed me off.

• Well I'm just gonna say it in English but it sounds much better in french because ir ryhmes.
    basically it's "I love you so much I don't have the words for it, I love you like crazy, I love you more than anything"
    Too bad I didn't feel the same way!

• A certain classmate said I was pretty and at the time It meant a lot to me at the time for him to say so :) <3

• "Your really cute / pretty" that everyone tell me. or some week ago a client tell to my co worker that I was adorable.

• I was walked up to this teller at a bank and before I could say anything he said, "Wow, you have really pretty eyes!" Not at all professional, but it made me feel beautiful!

• "You're so pretty and could totally be Princess Tiana" - random lady
    "You could be Miss USA" - My precious mum

• One of my female friend said I was beautiful on the inside and out lol

• Even though I have slightly crooked teeth, someone told me that my smile lights up a whole room.