Does anyone have any good tips for quiting my job as a dishwasher and becoming a writer?

OK so I have a job at a restaurant aa a dishwasher ands its going absolutely nowhere. I feel like a piss on at worm and they basically told me I wouldn't amount to anything. I want to quit my job as a dishwasher and become a writer. What's the best way to do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Find a better job than dishwasher and write on the side until you start earning enough money as a writer to survive.

Check out fiverr. com upwork. com and elance. com , you can find freelance job opportunities there and start building up a portfolio of blogs and articles. Even if your goal is to write novels or screenplays, this might not be a bad way to ease in to a career of getting paid for your writing so that you can eventually leave whatever job you're at and focus on your big picture.

Don't listen to people who say you can't do what you want. People like that are usually just bitter because their dreams have died and they've given up wanting more out of life.
    There's a reason such a small percentage of people are really and truly successful and do what they love for work. Most people settle for something comfortable after running into some roadblocks along their way after the dreams... if they had any dreams to begin with.

Go for it!

Most Helpful Girl

• keep your day job. Becoming a writer is a passion but you can't expect to make an income from it unless you know the right people or have years of experience in the professional writing business, such as working at a publishing house or newspaper, magazine etc. It's unrealistic to think you can become a paid writer overnight, and whilst writing can be a hobby and something you want to aspire to do professionally, make sure you have another income first.

What Guys Said 6

• Write about the misery of washing dishes...

Consider reading this book:
    "Generation X: Tales for an Accelerated Culture" by Douglas Coupland. This book popularized the terms "Generation X" and "McJob".

en.m.wikipedia.org/.../Generation_X:_Tales_for_an_Accelerated_Culture

• Before you quite take a few months to save. During that time write every single day.

• Write something. Use it as motivation every day your their just hammers in how much you don't want to be their and use that to motivate you to go home and write. When you get it done and edit it (you will probably have to have several stages of editing) find a way to publish it then you can quit once you know you can sustain yourself. Do you know what genre you want to write?

• Being a writer and making a lot of money off of that is hard to be honest mostly has to do with luck by meeting the right people.

• That's what im trying to do but I don't know of many writers

• He honestly from what I've heard and feel free not to take my advice cause what do I know about writing right? Lol anywho from what I've heard a lot of people say going to Los Angelas is a great place to start but your from the uk so that might be even harder than here in America. I wish you luck :)

• Go on welfare.

• Naw too much work and besides its not really worth the trouble...

• What I'm trying to say is that writers don't exactly have a steady salary.

• Have confidence and become the best writer ever

What Girls Said 1

• Save up till you can actually afford to pursue your passions or work on your passions on the side...