Why do so called feminists call girls "attention seeking"?

It seems like whenever you see girls posting racy pics on IG or wherever there are always a ton of self proclaimed feminists calling her out as an insecure attention seeker.. what does that accomplish?

Cuz as far as I can see, absolutely nothing! It's called bullying. If a girl is insecure, what does critiquing her do? Because I'm pretty sure name calling isn't a confidence booster.

And what's wrong with wanting attention? If someone likes being told she's beautiful and there are plenty of people who want to tell her, why rain on that parade? Doesn't seem very feminist to tell women they shouldn't try to feel good about their bodies... esp when all of us know how it feels to hate ours at one time or another.

So I would love to know what it honestly accomplishes to scold and say shame on you to girls who put 'attention seeking' pictures online? And what is so wrong with attention seeking?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very succinctly put - I see no harm in the practice of pretty pics - I might have some issues with racy pics for youngsters but that is a different issue to the one you are referring to - The buzzkill approach of some is creating more harm than good as you say - These girls are not fraudulent in their intent, it is a form of self affirmation to a degree which is different.
    Honestly I think the internet has created a culture of depersonalised terms that are thrown about without much thought of any hurt they may cause, if a million of these terms are thrown about on the internet everyday and 0.01% will be hurt by them that means a 100 people are hurt unnecessarily.
    There are plenty examples the last one I came across was a very slim girl asked "Am I huge?" - The predictable (RARARA) comments came back and then she remarked I am a recovering anorexic and I used to be 20 lbs lighter and I feel big now - No apologies or look after yourself answers from the self righteous commentators, anyone who said stay healthy had being positive already.

Most Helpful Girl

• some attention seeking is very irritating. in the case of people looking for attention based on looks, I think others who get upset do so because they're jealous and actually insecure themselves. they're really just deflecting. ignore them.

What Guys Said 11

• Firstly, they hate women pandering to men, craving male approval, especially sexually. In their minds men have controlled female sexuality throughout history, and this need to be validated by men is a result of patriarchy. They want you to not care what men think. That's why they push all this fat acceptance stuff and cut their hair short and all that, they know men don't find that shit attractive and they hate traditional women.

Also, there are those feminists who just aren't that good looking and are angry that they don't get attention from men like those girls do, in fact it's probably why they're feminists in the first place because they're angry at men. Then it's just jealousy.

• I think most of them just hate men. I don't know about the attention part. They can do what they want as long as they're not affecting me.

• They're just jealous Instagram girls are hot lol

• Cause theyre butthurt that theyre not getting attention. Then when you call em on it they say they dont want attention.

• Because feminism is bullshit
    They hide behind the dictionary, as if their words are supposed to cover their actions

• Because girls who show pics of their body are doing it so they can read the comments from all the thirsty guys.

• is it not feminists who do slut walks that are purely about attention?

• They say that with the big earrings and bright pink hair? Pffft.

• If she wants my attention and if she's beautiful. I can compliment her all day. But i dont know is it right or wrong. And honestly i dont care about it.

• I call feminists lots of things which would get removed from here. I also don't like attention seekers.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• Hmm, the feminist in me says I should respond with 'internalised misogyny'. But really I just think they're being douchebags.