Do you think a foreigner who immigrated to another country who publicly bashes that country and its culture should be allowed to stay in that country?

I'm asking because of what recently happened in orlando. I've noticed that almost every time a foreign terrorist murders a people in the us it seems they've made their hateful opinions known to many people around them. according to a few news reports online the father supposedly has a show where he spends a lot of time criticizing america. I'm all for free speech but I think someone moving to a foreign country that chooses to spend their free time talking about how much they hate that country is a potentially dangerous person and they should be deported. I also think the US in particular should be a bit more strick about who they let in, especially from countries with large populations known to hate us. it seems these people get in way too easily.

• yes
  • no
free speech doesn't include encouraging terrorism people.

"The freedom of speech is not absolute; the Supreme Court of the United States has recognized several categories of speech that are excluded from the freedom, and it has recognized that governments may enact reasonable time, place, or manner restrictions on speech.

Criticism of the government and advocacy of unpopular ideas that people may find distasteful or against public policy are almost always permitted. There are exceptions to the
why was my update cut short? ugh! this sit is so annoying

Most Helpful Guy

• Not only does the father of the Orlando terrorist hate America, he is a vocal supporter of the Taliban. (The former would certainly flow from the latter.) So yes, I agree with you. What benefit came to our country by allowing this person to immigrate here and breed a terrorist like his son? This man claims his son wasn't radicalized at all. Which from his point of view makes perfect sense. The Taliban follow Sharia, and Sharia prescribes -- commands -- death to homosexuals. That's one of the problems with having immigrants who are Islamic supremacists and followers of Sharia as one of the squares of cloth in our "diversity" quilt. They're not exactly down for co-existing with the LGBTQ+ squares lying next to them in the quilt.

• I'll have to look up the quilt...

I think the US lets too many questionable people in. something need to be done about the people running immigration. I don't even understand why a person who hates our way of life would choose to come here other than to hurt us in some way.

• Thank you for MH Guy opinion! The "diversity quilt" is largely metaphorical. It's used as a metaphorical symbol by the multi-culturalists to celebrate diversity in America. The problem with Muslims who are Sharia supremacists/Islamists is that they're not cool with having a gay bar down the street from their mosque or "community center." They think those people should be killed.

Most Helpful Girl

• People will have their opinions about a country and the people in it, even those who have been living there for a long time. There are dangerous Americans living in the US, and they are equally as dangerous as him, they just haven't killed as many people in one setting. Let's face it, the USA has had more shootings and murders this year than there have been days and not all of them were by foreign terrorists. I do agree that if you hate a country and the people there you shouldn't live there but you have to take into account that it isn't just ISIS terrorists killing people in the US, it's Americans too. I'm not defending ISIS at all, I'm firmly against it. The killings and mass murders will stop once guns are taken from every home. The UK doesn't have this sort of problem with shootings, it seems to only be the US. There's no point deporting people if all the resources to kill people very quickly (everything guns and gun related) is available to them.

• yes, but the point us these people are making their hate for Americans known publicly. the same Americans that kill someone are not. the government should be making a better effort to protect their citizens against that kind of threat.

• it actually does eliminate the problem. if the real issue is that they hate americans the removing them from Americans prevents them from being able to cause any harm

• Removing them from the country just gives them another reason to hate the US and allows them to plot even bigger than a mass shooting at a gay club. They could join any of these terrorist groups that mainly attack the US. The problem isn't eliminated then, it just gets worse.

What Guys Said 6

• In ideology I say no, but if that nation has freedom of speech, they are allowed to express it.

PErsonally I wouldn't want to live in a nation in which I genuinely didn't like. I will admit all those "I hate America this place is a shithole" people on the internet that LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES, piss me off with their hypocrisy. #GetTheFuckOut

• "The freedom of speech is not absolute; the Supreme Court of the United States has recognized several categories of speech that are excluded from the freedom, and it has recognized that governments may enact reasonable time, place, or manner restrictions on speech.

Criticism of the government and advocacy of unpopular ideas that people may find distasteful or against public policy are almost always permitted. There are exceptions to these general protections, including the Miller test for obscenity, child pornography laws, speech that incites imminent lawless action, and regulation of commercial speech such as advertising. Within these limited areas, other limitations on free speech balance rights to free speech and other rights, such as rights for authors over their works (copyright), protection from imminent or potential violence against particular persons..."

• the people just saying the us and Americans suck I really don't care. I know they're really only here for the money. but the people who say fucked up hateful things and encourage violence should be immediately kicked out.

• Oh get real, talking ill about a country does not warrant exile.

Now we can argue about control and better screening and what not, but we're not going to remove free speech for immigrants are we?

• I said deportation. exile is what happens when someone is forced out of the country they were born in. ;)

• Noted but, complaining, even vocally bashing a country, is not terrorism :)
      Your question as far as I understood it relates to me saying "This country sucks balls." Which while not a very useful contribution is in no way terrorism.

• you didn't read the update. although, half of it was cut off. read up on free do me of speech. these people aren't just bashing on the government and its people, they're actually encouraging violence, which is not protected by freedom of speech. it illegal to do so.

• Freedom of speech can't be fucked with, it's FAR to important.

Freedom isn't easy or without risk.

• I think it's okay to hate on a societies ideologies/ culture and try to gain the benefits of living in that society. For example, if you were a native American from Canada, then moved to the US. I think its normal for you to hate on Columbus day.

• Nope, The rights of an American include free speech.
    We have the right to criticize what we want when we want.
    FREEDOM MOTHERFUCKERS

• I said foreigners, not someone from that country.

nice to see no one can actually read.

• We have the right to criticize what we want when we want.
      FREEDOM MOTHERFUCKERS

Well maybe you should get your point across more clear so readers will not easily misunderstand you bro. Just say'n

• @Whizzy83 we can critisize. we can't encourage violence though. that is the point. they were encouraging violence against certain groups of people and no one did anything about it.

• When teens are getting jail time for sarcastic remarks on facebook about terrorism I don't see why these kinds of people shouldn't be prosecuted.

• huh? can you post a link to an article of whatever you're talking about?

• Justin Carter, a teen from Texas who ended up in jail for months for saying something that offended some lady on facebook. (about shooting up a kindergarten)
      The case is still not over and he is facing 8 years of prison for "terrorist threats".
      They couldn't even get him out on bail because it was set on $500,000 until somebody rich and not completely retarded bailed him out anonymously, but he had already done months in jail and had to be in solitary confinement because he was constantly abused by other inmates.
      Look it up, it was quite the farce a couple years back.

• I think the kids remarks should have been taken seriously. I mean, you never know, no one ever expects all the shooting that keep happening. but exactly, why are others just ignored for saying the same kind of stuff seriously.

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah, I do. I don't think criticising a country means that you shouldn't live there. After all, I criticise England a lot, it doesn't mean that they get to deport me because I see our flaws.

• I said in a hateful way though. I mean I criticize the US too, but I don't make hateful comments toward us citizens.

• you were being sarcastic and mocking.

• why should a non American have to be paid for by Americans to stay in prison. it'd be much cheaper to just kick them out.

• Yes because I believe in freedom of speech. However I think that person is a hypocrite and I don't respect them.

• I can see trump winning the election soon since he doesn't like muslims migrating to usa

• That guy was fucked up because he killed so many, and your fucked up because your using this tradgedy as racist propaganda

• what? I didn't say anything racist. at no point did I direct my question towards Arabs, or Muslims, or to people from his country.

grow up, little girl.

• Not enough to deport them I think but they should politely leave the country if it doesn't meet their standards.

• Nope. And if anyone else feels that way, they can get out to. Do not come over here and endanger our people with your twisted ideas. It is not right.

• well "americans" whiped off an entire race and enslaved another to steal that land they called america... karma i guess lol

• no, actually Americans didn't, moron. most native Americans initially intermarried. most Americans whose families have been here for generations are part native Americans.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more