Thoughts on gambling, bad or good?

Is it good/bad? good/okay to an extent? Thoughts? whatever :p

Going to Holland this summer, and Dutch friend wants me to go gambling with him at the Casino... I think he's addicted lmao.

Most Helpful Girl

• Very bad in my opinion. I would never do it and wouldn't want my future man to do it. It;s destructive, One of my bestfriend's father does it and now he's addicted and having money problems.

Most Helpful Guy

• Isn't something that ever crosses my mind. Usually I'd suggest you don't but if someone I know starts gambling, even though I told them not to, and they become addicted then it becomes their own problem and i'm not gonna be there to help.

What Girls Said 11

• i dunno, for me, anything beyond a few scratchies seems like too much. i actually used to sell lotto tickets and all that kinda stuff to people and i was blown away by how much people would spend on it.
    some guy came in and bought $900 worth of tickets. he said he does that EVERY WEEK.

• If you do it occasionally, I think it's okay. It is something many people become addicted to, though.

• My great grandfather lost his business, house and car playing mah jongg. I have an aunt who has repeatedly stolen from my parents to fund her gambling habit. I don't think it's a good pastime at all as I don't believe that anyone can truly resist the rush.

• Fun in moderation at a casino or something haha

• bad if ur irresponsible or broke but good if ur lookin for some fun.

• I'm not for gambling, it can be a huge waste of money. I wouldn't take the risk.

• Its not bad. Gambling is fun but u should have a budget. For how much fun you all yourself to have. I normally keep it low key around 3 grand everyday or two.

• I think it can be bad when you don't know when to stop. You know?

• It's okay but it's definitely not something you should do occasionally lmao

• I don't think it's a bright idea if you don't have a lot of money but hey it's your life why should I tell you how to live it right?

• It's fun but so bad.

What Guys Said 13

• I love gambling. It's legal in my country and so I do it once in a while. Like most things, it's not dangerous or bad if you do it moderately and you're generally a mature person. It can, however, become very dangerous for certain people.

• I gamble every now and then I mean it's fun to get together with your buddies in your garage or home or go out to a casino and play poker, backgammon, dice, roulette and whatnot and socialize with people and just have some fun.

just know when to stop and bet in moderation.

• I love to gamble! Blackjack, roulette, and sports betting.

But it has to be done responsibly. Gambling is fun entertainment as long as said person knows to not spend more than they are willing to lose.

• I think its good to an extent and something that you can control. Like I wouldn't waste money on machines.

• As long as you don't become addicted and put yourself in a hole then it's fine. I've only been to a casino once and I play the lotto every blue moon.

• bad if you lose, good if you win, haha

• i see it as winning money and leaving it as that, most people win money and gamble it to win more money and they just end up losing the money they won. quick way to become broke.

• If your going to gamble why don't you put it into stocks and shares.. at least then you have a better chance than casinos. Its a fools game am afraid, it left me with depression because in the end you lose anyway.

• UGH I FEEL LIKE WE'RE HEADING BACK TO THAT HE SAID SHE SAID AND I'M NOT VERY HAPPY ABOUT IT.

BUT. IN THEORY, ANYTHING CAN BE GAMBLING, SO IT'S FINE.

• If you're talking about ethics, I think it's more amoral than immoral.

• It's only bad if one is addicted.

• I sometimes do it with my toddler cousins over the play station. The bet is candies and ice creams.

• I don't believe in the table games, quickest way to lose money. I like the slots.