I lost all my friends since I graduated eons ago how do people make friends as adults? I mean really?

It seemed so much easier as a child to make friends.., not going to lie.

Most Helpful Guy

• By having a passion in life and then finding other people who also share a common passion in life.
    Using motorcycles as an example, there's very few of us on the road, 7% but on the road as long as you're on two wheels , we share a common greeting.
    cdn1.bikebandit-images.com/.../...le-wave-coll.jpg
    The motorcycle wave.
    Pull up into a gas station , you could have never met that person in your entire life but if he/she's on two wheels , he/she's family. Made so many friends that way.

There are no quicker way to connect with someone than finding another person who also share a common passion in life.

• And no it's not a gangsign.
      Probably. 😏

• Thanks for the MHG!

Most Helpful Girl

• When One Graduates and makes His or Her Way out into a New World of Wonders, @ManicMusicMonkey, it Nearly Always Happens... I lost all of my friends.
    You will Find out as you Make your own Way that along the Way, you will Meet and Greet new people, Make new friends and even When you do, Those Friends... Will Not be Permanent ones, for They too Might just Move on one day and so shall you as Well... Not going to lie.
    It's what life is All About. Nothing is Ever... Etched in Cold Stone.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you so much for the Vote of Confidence and I am quite Confident that you will go through life and on every corner, there will be a friend till the end. xxoo

What Guys Said 14

• It really is difficult to make good friends as an adult, everything hustling and bustling everywhere with all the responsibilities and crap. Its easier to make friends as a kid because there is no pressure... no responsibility. As an adult, everyone is just out for themselves only and if you pick wrong, you will just be used and discarded. I just keep everything light, and make sure that the "friends" i make, give as good as they get.

• The keys to all friendships are these:
    1. Have something in common.
    2. Listen to the new friend. Ask them a question about the thing in common. Have follow-up comments or questions based on their answers.
    3. Listen in those answers for opportunities to connect more. For instance, in school, you and a classmate might have difficulties, so offer to study together.
    4. As you learn about the person, inject comments about your own life that illustrate commonality.
    5. Avoid talking religion and politics.

Read "How to Win Griends and Inflyence People" by Dale Carnegie.

• I agree with you on this. I hardly have any friends now (except some really close online friends). Being socially awkward makes it even tougher for me, but I have learnt to live with it, and even enjoy my solitude!

• I dunno I'm kind of similar, lost all of my friends after primary school ended. Now I have like on or two whom I rarely meet but talk to frequently (somewhat).

And I dunno how to meet others. Go to activities?

• Not me!

It's easier to make friends as an adult, since children are such mean spirited bullies. That's why I don't want to be a teacher, since I dislike children.

• Doing fun stuff and work

• Ever decreasing circles. Its just life. Everybody wants money amd its a solo sport so they shut everybody out. The best friends as adults are people you work with. Not sitting on your arse all day. Thats not work. I mean proper graft. Like in a kitchen or out working on the roads or cutting down trees. The army especially. there's a cameradie there when your part of a whole. You can be hated or loved for pulling your weight and helping the team. Its like family. You dont get it in offices and places like that though. You know where you belong. I miss that. Thats the best way to make pals. Having mutual stuff on the line and pulling for each other

• I've found the opposite. It's easier making friends after HS. Made alot' of them in College and through work. Even more frequenting my local bar. You need some form of hobby or club to join and meet like minded people. If you're religious join a church bible study for young adults. They do all sorts of stuff together. Hell, I've made friends at the gym.

• Join clubs, work, or hit a bar

• Work. You could take dance classes, at classes, martial art classes, cooking classes, join a book club, a hiking club, etc. And when you do just make friends with the other people there.

• your right, i agree with you, when we were kids, making friends was easy

• You talk to people.

• So far for me it's through work and my hobbies.

• POSTING LIKE SLOOTS ON TWITTER.

What Girls Said 1

• I am barely friends with the people I went to high school with. We all change so much the first few years after that we grow apart. Usually we make new friends in college and if not there, the workplace. Ifor neither of those work, you can always join a class on something you enjoy doing/learning. By doing this you have a chance to meet people with like interests. Even joining a gym can open doors to new friendships.