Is it immature to block people on social media?

So this guy and I kissed and he started ignoring me after. I don't know if it's because I didn't sleep with him or what not. Anyway I go back to social media and he ignores my friend request and then follows my friend on IG. Mind you, we were making out in front of her. Then he starts liking her pictures. She doesn't follow him back and month later he unfollows and follows her. I got annoyed so I just blocked him on IG. He doesn't acknowledge me anymore anyway and plus it's pretty messed up what he's doing.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think so and that's part of the reason I don't use instagram or Facebook or anything really

Most Helpful Girl

• No it's not immature. At times it's necessary to cut people out of your life. Sometimes it's the wisest decision to make.

People block others for many reasons. Either they've been hurt and they react out of their negative emotions, and make a rash decision or the person no longer adds no value to their life and just has a negative affect on them.

Regardless of the reasons , it's best to cut all ties with some people. The more you cut out negative people in your life, then the more peaceful your life will be.

What Guys Said 2

• not really i don't see why it should be

• It's not childish and actually helps a lot

What Girls Said 5

• Not necessarily. The block feature was created for a reason lol Sometimes it’s just best for your overall state of mind and environment to block a particular person especially if they’re a grown man playing teenage boy like games. It’s prolly a good idea that you blocked him; he sounds like a narcissist who feeds off of having his ego stroked via female attention. Guys who are that vain and shady are no good. You’re doing the right thing, girl. Stay away from him.

• No, Not at all.
    It's Behind the Computer Curtain and with Pushing a Button for Anything here, dear, Blocking and Socking has No... Limits.
    Good luck. xx

• No not if there's a logical reason for it and I look at it as protecting yourself

• I honestly just didn't want to play his game. Like want her? Okay bye

• Just block the person then, it's all in your hands

• If you feel that you need to block someone then block them, but don't do it for immature reasons.

• He sounds like a waste of time. Why be obsessed with a waste of time? :)

• lol he is, I just don't want it to feed his ego. Like oh "she's doing it to get my attention" like no, I'm not playing your game BYE!