Is it stupid of me to wish someone good in life, even if they betray me?

Over the years, I've had 4 people that betrayed me, including an ex girlfriend who I literally caught cheating in my bed when I was a HS senior.

Obviously I never took them back in my life but remained cordial. For instance if I bumped into one of them, I'll just say hi and that's it. Several of my times and others think I'm too nice and that if they were me, they would have thought about plotting revenge and wish for them to get run away by a car.

I get the hurt one feels at that moment but even then, I never thought about revenge. I wish them good in life and that one day they become a better person to someone else.

I can't think like them. It's really not in me to be this person seeking revenge.

Most Helpful Girl

• No it's freeing. You have wished them the best and are moving on without any burdens. That's a great feeling.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's to your credit. And it's better for yourself. You internalise and hold onto all this bitterness and anger, and it turns you sour. There's a real maturity to it. An understanding that people act out through pain, fear and unconsciousness not inherent nastiness.

What Girls Said 2

• It's not stupid. Kudos to you for not being bitter and getting on with your life :)

• You can forgive... but never forget. :)

What Guys Said 3

• you're just ending it by being the better person.

• Very "mature".

• No I think the way you're handling it is the most mature. If you ask people about their exes, most people will say "fuck him" or "fuck her". But I do think you should try to understand who your friends are and who aren't. Which people care about your well being vs the ones who dont.

• True. I don't agree with talking badmouthing an ex because at some point, they were part of your life. If someone asked me, I'll just say ''I broke up, things simply weren't working out'', then move on another topic.