Are women able to smell scents better than men?

I read an article that said that most women are able to smell better than most men. Do you agree with this?

• Yes, women can smell scents better.
    79% (11)47% (8)61% (19)Vote
  • No, Women and men can smell scents equally. It depends on the individual.
    21% (3)41% (7)32% (10)Vote
  • Men can smell scents better than women.
    0% (0)12% (2)7% (2)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
3|15

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes its scientifically proven.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Apparently it's part of how we find our "mate" they've done studies on it

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• Women tend to have slightly better sense of smell and hearing from what I have read (it was many years ago so I don't know if its been debunked or if its fact).

0|0
    0|0
  • I disagree, but I don't know the science behind it.. it could be true for all I know. Per experience, I disagree, however.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably. I know women see more color than us men. We also look at the broad picture when women kinda nit pick lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Perhaps. I have no idea. I would think someone who doesn't have a stuffed up nose can smell scents better than someone who does.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what they are exposed to throughout life. Any woman that becomes a doctor can't smell anything after working with cadavers for a little bit...

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a really bad sense of smell but my mom would always be able to smell things I couldn't.

Maybe there's truth to this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women do have a stronger sense of smell then guys do. It's been scientifically proven.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but only after pregnancy.

0|0
    0|0
  • My dad always told me when I was 13 that see u and smell first .

0|0
    0|0
  • dont care i always smell good

0|0
    0|0
  • I've heard that women can smell fear. That's why I'll never get laid, cuz I reek of it

0|0
    0|0
  • girls sexist!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah this definitely seems to be true. My girlfriend said I have a scent, that she can smell my skin. Since when does skin have a natural scent?
    And my mum once woke up from the smell of a fire on a hill far away, even when the fire got big and burned down half the island I couldn't smell anything

0|0
    0|0
  • I've read similar things, so I suppose so. They also see even subtle differences in color better than guys too while guys have much better spatial awareness.
    I wouldn't know for sure, of course, as I haven't anything to compare the way I see and smell to.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I personally can't smell scents for shit

1|0
    0|0
  • Women and men can smell scents equally. It depends on the individual.

0|0
    0|0