Which country is the most rude/ friendliest to tourists that you have been to?

Most Helpful Guy

• The rudest: Probably Egypt. The shopkeepers there are incredibly annoying and rude. If you walk into their stores but you decide not to buy anything, they don't let you walk out again. One day I went shopping in this town outside of our hotel complex with my mom and my little sister. My sister was around 8, I was around 12 years old. My dad and big brother stayed at the hotel. So together with my mom and little sister, I went into some shops but we didn't buy anything, so the shopkeepers got really angry and aggressive. Some of them called my mom a "whore" and a "bitch" when we left the store without having purchased anything. One guy even walked afterwards in the street, yelling loudly and he started pulling us by the arm. My sister and I were still children, so it was very scary. Eventually he tried to pull my sister by the arm and she started crying because she was so scared. At that point, my mom lost it and she showed her whole motherly protectiveness by shouting at him at the top of her voice. He seemed a little surprised and backed off - but not without calling us all kinds of bad names.
    The thing I really hated about Egypt is that the people there handle their poverty very badly. I do feel bad for these people and I understand their lives aren't easy but that doesn't justify you to act like a complete asshole towards western tourists.

Friendliest: Here I could name several countries but my absolute number one is Bali. The people there are relaxed, they're tolerant and above all, they're incredibly friendly. They're the complete opposite from the Egyptians. The people in Bali are also very poor - but they are also very humble about it. They love to show you their country and they don't hate you for being a rich westerner. And if you ever offer them a little gift, such as inviting them for a beer, they are very thankful. In terms of friendliness, kind-heartedness and civility, Bali is really exceptional.

• That is terrible! I lived in Libya as a kid and went to Egypt many times - never experienced anything like this however they are very much in your face and "buy buy" bit like Bali. I do love the Balianse service.

What Guys Said 6

• thailand has the friendliest people i've ever met

most rude... not sure. when i went to italy the italian tourists were extremely rude. but the people that lived in the cities and town i went were really great... just the italian tourists in italy were terrible

• French tourists.
    Every French Tourist I have seen has been a complete and total asshole,

• Oh misread the question, Friendliest to tourists are the Canadians

• Rudest - Venice, Italy. They do not like tourists at all.
    Friendliest - Vienna, Austria. The locals there were so nice and quite a contrast to those rude Venetians.

• Rudest were the French, hands down. Friendliest were the Canadians.

• Did anything happen in France? :)

• Greece, Austria and Germany are really friendly.

• Rudest... France. Friendliest: Canada

• Anything happen in France that stood out or just their cold presence?

• Just acted snobbish

What Girls Said 3

• When I was Living in Egypt for Awhile, Many did Smile
    Very Friendly and Accommodating people and Never Anyone with Any ill Feelings towards me at All as a Christian.
    Good luck and Great Question. xx

• Oh great. Yes I lived in Libya as a child so fairly similar culture and I do believe that these people would have given you the shirt of their back if needed. Very much family people.

• Thank you for the Like, dear, and yes, These countries, Their people, these Peaceful Muslims, would Surely go all Out and about to Please you with not only a Shirt but to Protect you from Dirt. xxoo

• The friendliest was probably Turkey or Egypt, they were super nice. People weren't as friendly in France, though I don't think I'd necessarily call them rude.

• French tourists tend to be BAD here in the States, Every french tourist I've met has been a complete ass

• Friendliest : England. People were so polite and guys such gentlemen.

Most rude : Not the country but I was in Antwerp in Belgium and I had a very bad impression about the people there...