Would you play dead or run to find an exit?

With the recent tragedy in Orlando, If you were in a similar situation how would you have reacted? Assuming you didn't know your way around the club and thus have no idea where the back exit is if the club even has one and with this maniac walking around shooting people, would you risk running to find an exit or at least a place to hide or would you just play dead? I asked myself this question and I don't even have an answer myself. Scary thought.

Most Helpful Guy

• i would hide under a few dead bodies because like msot crazy people they make 1 or 2 passes to make sure people are ded. so i would find a few dead bodies and while he was on his rage fit i would lay down and cover myself with a few dead body's.

because being covered in blood on top of not moving while he is there will assure he will walk on by you to look else where. and yes i know it sounds morbid but if you want to live you need to do what it takes no matter the reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, id find a weapon and beat the fucker or die trying...

What Guys Said 14

• Im not sure, it would depend on how congested the path towards the exits are, how many dead bodies are near me as well and where the shooter is.

I might figure Im fucked either way and try rushing the shooter.

Its also possible Id just freeze up and stand there like an idiot.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I honestly think I'd try to band together with three or four other dudes and try to to ambush the guy.

Rushing the dude seems a lot less scary than hiding, waiting to be found and murdered.

• I would probably run or hide, reach safety, feel like the world's biggest loser then run back in trying to be a hero and ending up dead.

• 1|1
  • I'd shoot the shooter, but then I'd get arrested for carrying in a bar.

So... I avoid places where there are big crowds and no guns allowed.

• I would have stayed calm, found some cover, draw my.45 and put a hole in his head or chest the first time I had a clear shot.

• I would first hide under a few dead bodies. Then I'd slowly army crawl and sneak up on the maniac from behind and snap his neck hence killing him and taking his gun and shooting him a few times just to make sure he's dead.

• play dead

• If I was armed, I'd take the shooter out. However, if I wasn't then it depends on where I am and how close to the shooter I am. If I'm close to the exit, then I'd take the exit. If I was much closer, I'd play dead.

• i would bury myself underneath dead corpses like the Russian soldiers did when the Germans invaded Stalingrad.

• XD depends on how close i am to an exit and how far away the attacker is.

• it's tough to hit a moving target...

kind of a no brainer.

• i would just walk out the exit. the gunman wouldn't kill me becuz i'm not gay lol

• I've thought of this scenario before in my head, I've chose to play dead. People are more likely to react and shoot at moving objects. However each situation isn't similar the shooter could go up to all the bodies on the ground and shoot them again.

What Girls Said 9

• I thought about this and it would be hard to play dead in the areas he hasn't reached yet like the bathroom where all the people were killed in there. So I would try to hide if I wasn't near the exit.

• Super scary thought, but for the people in Orlando, playing dead didn't even help. I can't even begin to imagine what I would do. Pray, is probably the only thing I'd be able to think of.

• probably play dead where he can't see me!

• You're right, that's a scary thought. I would panic, but I think I would play dead.
    I heard that when there's a tragedy like that, some people survive because they pretend they are dead.

• If I was near the exit then I would run.
    If I was near a curtain, table, stall etc. then I would hide.
    If I was in the middle of the bar, I would play dead.

• get shot probably, i always stand out in crowds :(

• Play dead, be as limp as a noodle and hope he doesn't double tap.

• run to find an exit

• This seems like a really inappropriate and immature question especially for someone as old as you

Obviously most of us have never experienced

I'm sure you are a troll though

• Your response proved you that you are a troll.
      How are you going to put my instagram and YouTube channel on blast when I do not even have an instagram or a youtube? 😁

Dumb troll. I'm anon you can't even troll right