Do you think a man or woman is the key to your happiness?

Be honest.

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was younger I did. Now I know that I'm the key to my happiness.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 25

• Nope! I am the key to my own happiness. If I can't be happy by myself, no one else can make me happy.

• i think the key to happiness is to accept things as they are if you have been alone for more than 12 years or so then you are happy with it , no depression or sadness or anything you read from a book and you never die of loneliness either lol.

the key is you when it comes to being happy because for every negative there is a positive even if you dont see it , its there.

• Not key to my happiness, but it adds to it. True happiness should come from within yourself.

• in order for me to be truly happy id have to of been born female for that to happen, cause I've always wished i was was a girl as far as i can remember, i hate being a guy, its so horrible. especially when your a guy who knows the truth that im obviously never going to be loved and or wanted by a girl.

• My wife is.

• Not at all. Happiness comes from within. If you're depressed or unhappy you're not going to cure that by dating. We need to sort ourselves out before seeking out a relationship.

• I won't deny that a good woman in my life will be a big key to my happiness, but it won't be the only key.

• I've been single for a while and I'm not very happy. I think I'd be happier with a woman. So I guess yes

• Not the key no. I think the right person for anyone can definitely contribute to your overall happiness though.

• If she's a good woman then definitely

• In the end yes.

• i donĀ“t know. would love to find out.

• Not even a little bit.

• no i dont think so

• i think that happiness is something you create together or alone, whatever you prefer.

• Yes!

• Hell no. I know better.

• It certainly helps.

• Hot fudge brownie is the key to my heart and happiness, so no?

• My success is.

• If you are wanting someone else - an external agent - to supply your happiness, then you will never be happy or emotionally healthy.

• Yes duh

• My career is.

• No i think you are your own key to your happiness

• unfortunately YES :/

• Lol, thank you for being honest.

• Seethe poll. Almost equal number of men said yes as they said no. But far more women said No. It proves men need women but women don't really need men in their life 😞

What Girls Said 21

• Hell no.

• No. If you have to rely on someone else to make you happy, there is a problem. I've never been in a relationship, and while it would be nice to meet someone, I don't sit around depressed all day. I just make my life worthwhile. Tomorrow is my last day of work for a month, and I am expecting to enjoy every single day off whether I am alone or with my friends or family. I already have a few hiking trips planned that I am going by myself for. I am going sky-diving on the 30th. I couldn't convince anyone else to go, but I am looking forward to doing it anyway.

I might not be the best person to really answer this though. I've never been in a relationship, and growing up I didn't see much of my family because we were poor. I grew up with a single mom, and she was rarely home. My sister was never home. So I've basically always relied on myself. I don't really know any differently. I can't tell you if I am happier with a guy or anything since I've never experienced.

I do have a friend who can't handle being single for even a few months. She says people can't go without companionship.

• no, they can add to my happiness, but true happiness comes from loving myself which i then utilise in my interactions with others.

• maybe or maybe not... i'll find out when this will happen
    25.media.tumblr.com/.../...cgSudN1qjemo2o1_500.gif

• I think at a certain point in life, as humans, we need a partner to be happy.

• Then what comes of those who do not find a partner?

• @ikissedtheskyonce I didn't say we couldn't survive without one; but to have a partner or a sense of belonging with someone is an essential part of human behaviour and psychology - though in evolutionary view it could be interpreted that we can't survive without a partner because our lineage would end there.

• I'd have to say no. I have been single for about 5 years, and at first it was tough. Now I must say I enjoy it. I've been happy without a man. I enjoy being single, and it works for me. During this time I found happiness within myself. You can't let anyone determine your happiness. You can't put a man, and or a woman on a pedestal. In the past I always seemed to put some guys on a pedestal, and I let them determine my happiness. That was silly of me. Everyone my age seems to be obsessed with relationships, and what not. I am a college student with ambition to attain a better life, and so my accomplishments are my key to happiness.

• To be loved is to be recognized.
    Love is essential for a fulfilling life but I wouldn't be in a relationship unless I have it together.

• Not at all. There's one person and one thing that are the keys to my happiness. The person is myself. There's no one in the world who can love me more than myself.
    And that thing is money. I need money to move to another country, then I will find my happiness.
    I would be silly if thought that a man would be the key to my happiness.

• no not really!

• Absolutely, most definitely NOT! Oneself is key to happiness

• Hmm I voted no but I know a future family will be my key to happiness. I guess those kind of go kind in hand though?

• No. Finding genuine happiness is a one person job that will only be effective if you yourself put in the effort to make it that way.

• Overall no, but my boyfriend definitely adds a lot to it

• Not just a man or women, but the RIGHT man or woman can make all the difference between mediocre happiness and a truly fulfilling happiness that leaves you content with all that may come and go, so long as they are by your side.

• No, I am the key to my own happiness.

• Unless that woman is me, absolutely not.

• A person can not love someone else if they do not love themselves

• I have been with men who treated me bad, I am currently single. My ex ghosted me and dumped me through text so in my situation I would rather be single than be treated bad

• Sometimes i do even though all the self help shit says u should be 'happy and fullfilled with who you are before seeking fullfillment from others' 🙄 but if you're happy on you're own wtf is the point of having a partner (besides sex). LOL

• I do

• There is no longer a key! I found it, I chewed it, I swallowed it and now I am mourning it!

• a big part of that happiness... sure

but not the sole reason for it