What would you consider a bad GPA?

My overall is a B and my major is a high B-.

I'm wondering if my whole life is over.

Most Helpful Guy

• Anything below 3.5 isn't great
    Anything below 3.0 is unacceptable

• Does your major GPA count?

My major gpa is below 3.0 but my overall is above 3.0

• Report the higher GPA, but ya they may ask for it and don't lie because they can check easily

Most Helpful Girl

• Standards in high school
    - Broadly speaking for myself, under 3.5 not good. What I strived for, 4.0, and I got it. If I would have not gotten it, I would have been disappointed in myself.
    College Standards
    -3.0 is fine. It's college, it's hard af to manage learning about oxymercuration, hydroboration-oxidation, halodhydrin formation, and a bunch of other mechanisms on top of alll the other classes and work. Bleh. A 3.0 is enough, haha. In college, the standards dropped XD But since my school only goes to 4, a 3 is pretty competitive.

What Guys Said 8

• Depends on what your major average GPA is.
    Some tough majors have a GPA average of 2.5 , 2.4.
    That's your economics and mathematics majors.
    Some grade easy and have a GPA average of 3.5.
    That's your education major.
    Only speaking from the situation in my university ofc.

• My first semester of Upper Division A. Phys classes was a 1.54 GPA. I never got an A in any class after that. The Avg GPA for Chem. Engineer graduate is like 2.7! Which is insane to me.

• I have 4.0, but then again, I am an English major so it is not that impressive. Check your school's policy. Generally anything below 2.5 is bad. Most employers do not look at GPA so I would not be too worried.

• It really depends on what you're studying. I'm a med student with a 3.7, anything below 3.7 in me school is starting to get low. But in almost any other type of studies, a 3.4 would be good

• Mine is more like 3.05 and my major GPA is 2.8 I think.

• I'm convocating tomorrow lol

• Lol. Hopefully it'll help

• Anything below a 3.0

• girl, my GPA is 1.13 out of 4 you tell me

• D's.

• Anything under 3.0 would be bad to me.

• My major gpa is under the 3.0 mark... it's freaking me out

What Girls Said 15

• Definitely not. C's still get degrees even though the higher the GPA, the better. But honestly, when it comes to getting a degree in college, no one is going to look at your specific grades. They will only see the grade letter. Unless you're trying to get into a VERY competitive program (such as myself in the future when I go to medical school), you shouldn't have anything to worry about. A B is still a B whether it's high or low. I'm sure that you're just fine.

Always remember that some people out there get D's and F's and it slaughters their GPA lol. That should make you feel MUCH better. :)

• I did get Ds and Fs too... my GPA got tanked so much because of 1 bad year.

It's scary when I think about it.

I guess my overall is a B and my major is a B- so I'm feeling a little edgy.

• I think you'll be just fine. I too have had a few poor grades. If necessary, repeat the class (es) you didn't do well in and it'll bring your GPA up more.

• I'm convocating tomorrow lol

• i dont know about others, nor am i concerned. i try to aim for a GPA of 5 and above.

an 'average' GPA i think is like 2.5-4 or something.

dont beat yourself up, you're doing awesome.

• Its over!

• for engineering, as long you are above 2.75, it is consider OK
    otherwise... it's hard for you to get a career as an engineer, mostly you'll get job something related with engineering - admin, analyst or economist for the related engineering firm, but not doing technical task.

• to me a bad gpa is a 2.0 or less (which means all C''s or lower)

• Depends what your major is, but overall that's not bad and your life is not over.

• No that's fine, I'd love to have thst right now, 2 D's in hard classes and now I have a 2.7 in college lol

• Below a 2.5 is bad I guess

• My major gpa is below a 3.0 is that bad

• Unless your major is business or medical you'll be okay. Employers don't usually check unless it's fields like that

• My major is business.

• Oh no you're fine, college is supposed to be harder. I got straight As through high school but my first semester left me with mostly Bs and a C and I didn't slack off at all. It's not the end of the world😊

• No, your life, even your academic life, is not over. You probably aren't getting into a highly competitive college or get academic scholarships, but it is easy to get loans and state schools usually accept as low as a 2.50 GPA.

• I've always tried to keep above a 3.5 GPA. But I'd say above 3.2 would still be considered alright.

• Below 3.0

• I think you're good then. If what your're studying in very difficult and you can maintain something around that number then you're doing just fine.

• I think the problem is my major GPA is below a 3.0, I am afraid of that.

I guess I thought a lot about it and realized maybe I should just take some extra classes after convocating to show I can do really well in them. Maybe even repeat the few courses that brought down my GPA

• Nah, I think it's fine.

• I might not be old enough to comment on this subject exactly, but I flunked a grade. It was kind of on purpose. The important thing is, do you know you are smart? You just need to believe in yourself.
    The incredible thing about life is, it always leads you to the right place. Never give up or lose hope. Trust yourself and work hard towards what you can. And grades do not define your future. Ever. Trust me I've seen way to many straight A's not very successful while "average" students doing great. Good luck !

• Also remember never to do what you love. Honestly your grades aren't bad at all.

• Your tendency to hysteria is why your life is over. That's not a way to get a job or career from what I figure averages about 3.1 3.2. That's not a bad GPA and good enough to get a job or go to graduate school and something. Stop freaking out and your life will not be over