Have you ever gone camping? Do you have a weird/funny/scary camp story/experience?

I went on a GS trip where last minute, instead of the nice camp we'd all voted to go to, our GS leader 'sent us' to this rickety camp. Nothing but these coverings with nothing inside. Our covering had a leaky roof because of course it rained, and ants came in and started getting at everyone. Cut to night two, everyone is pissed, and our GS leader who'd lectured us to death on fire safety, leans over the fire, catches on fire, doesn't stop/drop/roll. We had to put her out. Was it karma? Who knows

Most Helpful Guy

• One time I forgot to put my donuts back into the car one night and I had to chase off a raccoon 6 times before I realized I had food in the tent. Another time me and some friends went camping during an abnormally warm spring. It was 73 degrees when we went to bed in the tent. When we woke up it was 28 degrees and we were spooning in our boxers

Most Helpful Girl

• Went camping a lot as a kid. Wish i did it more now a days...

Was camping in the FL springs and woke to a gator eating our shoes just outside the tent.

Was camping in a cabin along the Peace River in Fl when we got a lot of heavy rain and the river started rising and the cabin had to be moved. It was the middle of the night and pouring and the river was rising quickly. It was quite scary as a kid.

And a ton of other just personal, funny, family memories.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes I go camping as much as I can. The most memorable thing that happened was we went on an atv ride on a trail which was a pretty long one so it took several hours. When we got back, there was a bear in our camp and it broke some of our coolers and bit some chunks out of some. We normally tie the extra food to a rope and raise it up in the air over a branch when we're in bear country so they can't get to it but we just forgot that time. The one time we didn't do it, we get a visitor. We shot a few rounds into the air and it walked off. I'm going in a couple weeks for four days up in the middle of nowhere. Hopefully, we will not see another person the whole time.

• Woah. Made that mistake once and in the middle of the night everyone was woken up by the rustling of our tents, and there we opened up the tents to see dozens of raccoons just going at our food. It was crazy how many there were but they probably knew the campground as a prime source of food. No bears though. That's scary. Have fun on your next trip!

• They can be a little startling. I've only seen one other in the wild and it was in the trees. I locked eyes with it and it was a little scary then it ran into the timber. There's grizzlies here too and theyre a little more pissy. The most afraid I've been was one year I was deer hunting and suddenly everything was quiet. The hair on my neck stood up and I was scared. I'm convinced some humans have a sixth sense about things like that. I think it was a mountain lion probably scoping me out for dinner. So, I slung my rifle on my back and pulled my pistol cuz if it was a cat and it pounced on me, that close of range my rifle would have been worthless. That's the only time I was really scared and ironically, I never seen any animal at all.

• The last time I went campin was when I was 13

• Can't say i do

What Girls Said 1