Do people care about your grades once you graduate?

Was just wondering if people care.

I think my gpa is on the low side for graduate school, but I can do other things like get a second degree if need be.

However, what I *am* concerned about is if my precious degree which I worked so hard to earn, will be useful. It's a business degree which I would like to use to get far in the business world.

Most Helpful Guy

• Except in exceptional circumstances, that you got the degree is enough for most employers. Post secondary institutions grade on a bell curve anyway, and there have been well-publicized cases of professors being forced to lower people's grades to maintain that curve.

Most Helpful Girl

• For higher end jobs yes, but depends on the job. Most of often just having a degree and experience in the field will be drastically more important than having just a good degree. But if both applicants have a degree and relevant experience, the one with the best grade will be picked.

• Yeah. That makes sense.

Come to think of it, I just realized ways in which I could enhance my degree. As in, do 'amazing things,' that stand out to employers

What Guys Said 4

• not especially. a GPA is important when you are trying to get into the elite graduate schools but otherwise most employers do not care about your GPA but just want to know you got your degree

• Generally, no.

• But then why do people stress grades so much?

• No idea. Your employer will maybe care of its your first job but otherwise experience trounces everything. Theory is worthless after a while.

• * in my field.

• Yeah they care but I wouldn't lmao 😂

• only your gpa

What Girls Said 2

• Employers will still look at them potentially, but you do have the degree, so that's the most important thing.

• I am a diligent student. I am going to Stanford and I know how grades are important. I study hard, sometimes ask for help (only proofreading). PS Most employers value a well-rounded set of accomplishments over an impeccable GPA.