When we're mad, do we really not mean what we say?

Or do we actually mean what we say but then say we didn't mean it because we feel bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• Something said in anger is something already felt but held back... that's why it's so important to control ourselves when we're angry and not allow arguments to turn into personal attacks, because you can't take that shit back once it's said.

• Or like @jesskah said, just don't say mean shit whether you mean it or not because that's immature and a mark of an unhealthy relationship.

What Girls Said 5

• You should be neither, if you're mature and have control of your emotions. You should never say something you don't mean when you're mad just to hurt the other person, nor should you be hiding things and only say them when you're mad. Both are marks of poor communication in a relationship and damaging to both people. Typically I say the first is more common, you say something you don't mean.

• No, I mean it.

I'll apologize afterwards, but I never say I didn't mean it. Rare to get me angry though, so that's a pluss.

• When I'm mad I say the first thing in my head so it depends on what it is if i mean it or not. it depends on the person

• I believe we do mean what we say, not in the way we say sometimes if it makes sense.

• I think it all just depends

What Guys Said 3

• Anger is like alcohol. It lowers inhibitions and allows the truth to be set free.

You really want to know what someone honestly thinks, get them drunk or mad.

• I think you do think it and you just don't control yourself not to say it

• Usually people don't mean what they say.