Do you think the NBA is rigged?

A lot of people saying it's rigged while others are saying it's not. To be honest, it's not entirely rigged but people who say the NBA isn't rigged are in complete denial. It's probably the most rigged sports league out there. And I happen to watch a lot of sports. For example this NBA finals has been a joke. Draymond doesn't get suspended for kicking a Steven Adam's groin in WCF yet gets suspended for retaliating after being fouled and stepped over by LeBron? Literally killing Golden State's momentum to close it out at home. That was nothing compared to the kick cause it's not even given that he was aiming for his groin. And then in game 6 when GSW were making a run and had a momentum, the refs started calling ticky tac fouls to absolutely kill the momentum by eliminating any chance of a possible comeback. Granted LeBron and the Cavs played amazing and might have won anyways, GSW could have still carried that momentum after losing to game 7 at home but instead, momentum is on Cleveland's side. The naive fans or the fans of Cleveland or LBJ may sarcastically say "Yeah, his 41 point games are rigged" and "GSW choking is totally rigged" but if they truly believe that, then they don't understand the art of momentum in sports. Not to mention, 2002 Lakers Kings game 6 and 2006 NBA finals are perfect examples of how rigged NBA can get. NBA isn't entirely rigged still but they sure do show a lot of favoritism for superstars. Which is why NBA seems to be losing more older fans day by day while gaining new younger fans day by day. Basketball is a great sport but NBA is ruining the integrity of the game by favoring superstars a lot. For example, LeBron is a very special player and has an amazing talent but such favoritism for him and his team is truly disgraceful.

• Yes, very rigged
  • Yes, but not entirely rigged
  • No, not rigged at all. You're just a hater

Most Helpful Guy

• There's always going to be conspiracy theories in sports. I do agree that the NBA is a superstar's league and that the big name players usually get favorable calls. This also holds true for big market/marquee teams. The NBA is a business like anything else. The bottom line is that they care about their bottom line. It would benefit the league to have a Game 7.

However, you can't rig making shots. Athletes have too much pride to be involved in conspiracy theories. The bottom line is, the best team will always come out on top.

• Best team doesn't always come out on top. 2006 NBA finals is an ideal example of that.

• I disagree. I thought the Heat were the better team. Plus, D-Wade was a beast in that series.

The best team always comes out on top when it involves a series. If it were football then that's a different story because a team can have an off day and then they're done. For instance, I think the 2007 Patriots would've beaten the Giants if it 5 game series.

Since they had an off night and everything was going right for the Giants, the best team ended up losing.

• Wade was a beast doesn't mean they were a better team. Dallas literally couldn't get a call to save their lives. D Wade was literally D Whistle. There's a good reason why that series is considered the worst officiated series of all time. And Giants were beating all the top teams in 07. While Pats weren't as impressive in that whole playoffs as they were in regular season.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 11

• It's always about the money when it comes to those events and sports. Also, sports gambling is always involved so keep that in mind. You can tell by all the various logos from various companies and corporations and organizations that sponsor those events being present on the stadiums, fields, and courts, so there has to be something else going on. Sport events are still a business, and sport events are big fucking businesses that are very profitable. If there are rigged sport competitions and events in the past then you can be mostly certain that there are still rigged competitions today.

• The whole lebron James incident to me was a stupid thing. He could have done the more sportsman thing offered a hand to get him up and a pat on the back. And then said "lets get back in there."

Instead he does the least player friendly thing just walks over him. Giving anyone who doesn't like him ammunition to use against his fans.

Also feels like the Refs are kinda playing crowd favorites and just want a underdog victory. I sorta feel like Espn just wanted to get hype for the finals. Which is failing.

• I live in Ohio and know that Lebron was throwing games last time we had a shot at the championship, he did it because of inner-team issues with another player specifically. He then dickslapped cleveland with the whole "The Decision" nonsense and went to Miami to get the players he would have been able to get if only he stayed in cleveland and asked. He won rings down there to spite cleveland, and now he's back?

Nah.

On top of that, he played 2 seasons pretending he was Shaq's age and hobbling around the court. Did that through last years post season. But now after loosing the first two finals games by margins of 30 points each, having a starter from golden state suspended, you expect me to believe that the finals are fairly set?

I don't buy it 100%, I'm not a full conspiricy theorist or anything but I don't buy that some of this drama isn't scripted.

• I can see that this is a very sensitive, personal and emotional issue for you, which fully explains why you felt the need to go Anonymous.

• Lol what the hell. But what does this have to do with anything? Whether I'm "very sensitive, personal and emotional issue" shouldn't even matter. Answer the question rather than jumping to assumptions. I'm not a Warriors fan but what's fair is fair. You don't know nothing about 2002 Lakers Kings game 6 I assume.

• People make decisions based on incentives, like money. Lotsssss of money

• They do overlook a lot of things , like illegal screens ( Bogut ) , you see Tim Mozgof set a screen and he gets called a foul right away lol, contact, even obvious fouls.

Not even talking about the finals, but I see this year, a lot of stars barely get touched and go to foul line, but common players get hit on the elbow while driving and nothing.

• You golden state fans just need something to cry about, an excuse in case LeBron makes ya all look bad again. Game seven Sunday.

• I'm not even a Golden State fan. I thought it was BS even when Draymond didn't get suspended by kicking Steven Adams last round. Superstar power saved him there. Too bad the league suspended him over a much more minor incident compared to that due to LeBron's superstar power over him. Perfect excuse to kill momentum. And last game, Curry steals it clean from Kyrie yet gets called for a foul when they were making a run. Could have been down just 5 to 6 points there but corrupted momentum killing calls eliminated any chances of GSW winning or carrying the momentum to next game if losing. And fouling out the MVP later on an obvious flop by LeBron? I thought flops were supposed to be fined for. Obviously not the case when LeBron does it.

• I gave you two examples, try reading

• Asker's going to be crying extra hard tonight

• You're just another paranoid American who thinks the world is out to get you. It's not rigged at all.

• Lol jokes. You obviously know nothing about 2002 Lakers Kings game 6.

• Totally paranoid. You probably think 9/11 was a conspiracy and aliens crashed in Roswell.

• You must be a Warriors fan. :-P

• Not at all. You must be a fan of a big market team or a team with a superstar that has benefitted from refs here and there. Search 2006 NBA finals if you are delusional.

• Yes it is rigged, trust me I know

• It's not rigged!