There has been a stone age, bronze age and iron age. What age are we in now?

probably a stupid question but its something i can't find an answer for. There has been a stone age, bronze age and an iron age all named after the prevalent use of said material. Would it be fair to say that this is the steel age? or something else entirely like the plastic age or glass age?

Updates:
so there are a lot of different suggestions but it seems no one can agree on one particular age.

we have the plastic age, the information age, the silicon age, the post industrial age etc. is anyone able to provide a source to back up their suggestion.

Its funny actually, we all learned about the iron age and the stone age in primary school, but there doesn't seem to be any solid answer to what age we are currently in :p

0|0
3|23

Most Helpful Guy

• Postmodernism. It's the era after modernism. Both a part of information age. Though postmodernism can also be used to define a genre and a period in art.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Silicon age. We are controlled and rule by silicon. Driven by data and thrive on information. Yes its Silicon world.

0|0
    0|0
  • Digital age

1|0
    0|0
  • There's a neat myth busters about the glass age and they said they think now would be considered the glass age and explain and show experiments and what not. I actually just watched that video a couple weeks ago, can find it on YouTube

0|0
    0|0
    • i saw that a few weeks ago. its probably what got me thinking about it tbh haha.

What Guys Said 22

• Ages only get named afterwards because only then it becomes clear what the most important breakthroughs of the time were: people living in the bronze age wouldn't say to themselves they lived in the bronze age. Maybe our time will one day be called the information age, or the oil age, or the silicon age...

0|0
    0|0
    • thats very true. never thought it like that.

• the previous age, ending approximately in the 80's was known as the space age. The current 'age' has been dominated by the development of the internet and global communications, it has already been labeled the information age.

As technology development speeds up, that which dominates changes faster.

• Global warming age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Information age?

0|2
    0|0
  • i´d say silicon age. since basically every electric device and the internet is based on microchips and processors and those wouldn´t be possible without silicone.

0|0
    0|0
  • morbidly obese age or age of the super fatties. Never I the history of the humanity has there been people as fat or so many fatty as there has been the last thirty years. Think about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Silicon age, this is the age of the computer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Digital/technology/Computer age

0|0
    0|0
  • The silicon age. Computers really.

0|0
    0|0
  • At University we were joking about the "plastic age".

0|0
    0|0
  • Idiotic age

0|0
    0|0
  • Technically this is the 'Information Age.' Or 'Post-Industrial Age.'

0|1
    0|0
  • 'Orwellian Age' focusing on how the novel 1984 has become reality

0|0
    0|0
  • The Sillicon Age

0|0
    0|0
  • Silicon Age

0|0
    0|0
  • Industrial/post-industrial.

Silicon to be fancier.

0|0
    0|0
  • the age of shitty parenting and unsupervised children

0|0
    0|0
  • The information age

0|1
    0|0
  • The Age of Oppression

0|0
    0|0
  • Information age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Post information age

0|0
    0|0
  • As far as I know these three terms are very loosely used; and pretty much our age has no definite "name".

But if I had any say I would add two "ages", Nuclear age and then Computer age (which would be our age)

0|0
    0|0
  • Plastic age sounds about right. Not just objects, but people are made of it too 😂

0|0
    0|0