So when a women with breast implants dies, what they do with the silicon, cause I don't think it decomposes right?

Most Helpful Girl

• If a woman with silicone implants were cremated, then, the silicone would polymerize from the heat, and would form a rubbery congealed mess on the surface of the cremation oven.
    This would create some small amount of additional work for the cremation staff, but, not too much more than normal. (If the deceased had any metal parts inside her/his body, which many people do, especially older people -- basically anyone who's had any hip, knee, etc. replacement -- then the workers would have to clean the metal, too, out of the oven.) Those workers are well trained in this sort of thing, so it would be nbd for them.

If the implants were saline, rather than silicone (which most are these days, at least in the US), then the saline solution would just boil away, and the shells would leave an even smaller amount of detritus behind on the cremation apparatus.

It's POSSIBLE that the cremation people could include this on a questionnaire. I don't think they do, but, there are other items that they have to ask about, and that MUST be removed -- either by a surgeon or by an embalmer -- before cremation can occur. (If the deceased has a pacemaker, for instance, that could explode during cremation... for the same reason why you don't overheat or incinerate batteries.)
    So, there's a questionnaire on which they ask about stuff like pacemakers. COULD they ask about that, yeah... DO they, probably not.

__

For a normal burial, nothing would normally be removed.

What Girls Said 4

• I suppose it depends on if you're buried or cremated. If buried it can take a long time for you to fully decomp into a skeleton.

• I don't think so and they probably get rid of it

• I assumed they left it in

• I have always wondered this

What Guys Said 5

• no it doesn't and in a 1000 years when they excavate the area where she is buried , which is what most people do in the name of history they will find those fake implants and not knowing what our era was like all the way would think of it as some kind of ancient burial right that people of our time did to please our gods.

• If they choose cremation then it's all ashes in an urn regardless right? Don't know about other options though. Probably disposed of somehow, or just left with the body as it is.

• Don't they just bury her with it?

• Aliens be like, 33% bone, 33% flesh, and 33%.. Wait, that can't be right..

• They throw it at one another until it bursts.