Why do so many customers in gas stations expect the cashier to pay for their items?

I'm not kidding. A lot of customers come in, even the ones that know the prices, and they try to tell us to cover the rest. Or they say they'll pay us back, but they never do. And when you tell them no because they're 80 cents short, they get mad.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because people are sacks of shit these days

Most Helpful Girl

• People are always looking for a handout...

What Guys Said 3

• Nobody does this where I live. Someone behind the counter before you must have started a practice of doing that.

• The fact that you actually let them walk away with your products without paying makes me think you're too trusting of randos on the street XD
    Who cares if they get mad? What're they gonna do?

• Actually, I'm the only one that won't let them do that besides my other boss. I don't care if they get mad. I was just curious.

• How your boss's business haven't gone bankrupt trusting random people like this I have no idea but maybe I'm just jaded :P

• Because where you live is poor.

What Girls Said 1

• I've never heard of this before...