How to not hate yourself?

no matter what i can't get over the hate i have for myself... i make so many mistakes repeatedly and all i hear everyday is how i don't try hard enough, how i don't have patience, how i need to be more motivated otherwise i'm gonna fail at life... i can't take it anymore i just wanna be a better person and love myself but i can't and it's making me hate life

Most Helpful Guy

• make a list of 300 things you like about yourself. It'll be hard because you'll really have to think about things, but by the time you're done, you'll have a whole lot of reasons to like yourself. Then, make a list of just 10 things you don't like about yourself, but things you can change, so I don't like that I'm short can't be one. Once you have your 10 things pick one and make a plan on how you're going to get better at that. Spend a week or two on it and move on to the next, and eventually those 10 things will be 10 things you're really good at.

Most Helpful Girl

• Read this again and again. I've never read something so true:
    "
    I AM ME

In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me
    Everything that comes out of me is authentically me
    Because I alone chose it - I own everything about me
    My body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions,
    Whether they be to others or to myself - I own my fantasies,
    My dreams, my hopes, my fears - I own all my triumphs and
    Successes, all my failures and mistakes Because I own all of
    Me, I can become intimately acquainted with me - by so doing
    I can love me and be friendly with me in all my parts - I know
    There are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other
    Aspects that I do not know - but as long as I am
    Friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously
    And hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles
    And for ways to find out more about me - However I
    Look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever
    I think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically
    Me - If later some parts of how I looked, sounded, thought
    And felt turn out to be unfitting, I can discard that which is
    Unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that
    Which I discarded - I can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do
    I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be
    Productive to make sense and order out of the world of
    People and things outside of me - I own me, and
    therefore I can engineer me - I am me and

I AM OKAY
    "

What Guys Said 10

• This is a personal thing, and I would like to tell you, talk to you, without the whole world seeing it, OK?
    Not a psychologist or anything, but I can understand where you are, and how you feel!!
    Send me a PM, and let's figure out how AMAZING you are, without the world watching and making bogus comments, OK? :)

• If you have a hard time loving yourself, sometimes it can be good to try to find something you love instead (it can be something, not someone, like a passion for learning or practicing or creating something). Then by falling in love with that, you can at least kind of forget that you hate yourself.

• It sounds like you have really negative influences in your life whether that be from your parents, teachers, friends, etc... Don't let others beat down on you so much especially those close to you.

Here is the thing though. When people tell others constantly tell them everything they think is wrong with you then you might start to believe it even if you are capable of so much more. Everyone makes mistakes its part of being human but you need to find the strength in yourself to keep pushing on and don't let the people around you change how you feel about yourself.

It's ok to make mistakes but you shouldn't hate yourself for them. If you feel such hate for yourself for making a mistake then you really need to consider how the people around you are treating you and think about whether you are really as awful as you think you are or if someone is simply making you feel awful.

• smile at yourself in the mirror, give yourself a compliment a day.

• If you think you're just something situated inside a bag of meat then of course you can hate yourself, but if you come to realize that 'you' is just the internalizion of thought, there is nothing left to hate.

• Start lifting.

• You just love yourself instead. Easy.

• Listen to just bieber love yourself b). jk
    Everytime you start hating yourself, don't give a fuck.

• i do

• Whom those sharp remarks come from? Family?

• yah family

• They have the best intentions, that's sure.
      But family is the place where most people are killed, statistically, and we are talking of recorded murder.

Add to this all people who are sunk into depression and never come out of it for all their life because of their family.

These people are too selfish (they want that you achieve what is an achievement to them, and will satisfy them), possessive.
      It's a typical kind of parents and family environment, and it turns all the more dangerous if you are a single son/daughter.

Do all you can to build a life of YOUR own when you start college.

You are making no mistakes at all. The only mistake is pushing ourselves to be what we aren't, or letting others do it.

wish you all luck that can be wished.

• u make some good points... thank you:)

What Girls Said 11

• What are your core values, the ideas and concepts that really mean something to you? Many times these are abstract concepts like loyalty, sacrifice, selflessness, kindness, or equality. You may also value things like creativity, strength, or education.

What are the rules by which a good person lives their life? Make a list and review it daily. Update the list as it comes to you.

If it helps, think about this as your own personal code and write it out accordingly. If you were forming a club, what would be the traits and values that the other members would live by, if it were up to you?

You should also stop comparing yourself to others.

The fastest way to develop an unhealthy sense of body image and spiraling self-loathing is to constantly compare yourself to others, especially celebrities or fashion icons. You don't have a responsibility to look any particular way for anyone other than yourself.

Wishing you the best of luck.

• You just try to do a little better every day. Eventaully you'll be better. media.giphy.com/media/pfAIx8iCNVUpa/giphy.gif

• Hi girl first of all if you want to be a better person you have to start acting like a better person you can't just talk or hopee you have to achieve, look i was just like you i used to cry every damn day like a baby sayin ill fail and who am i then I realized that i should change seeing everyone in a good post in a society, seeing them popular people.. I realized that i can be like them bc when you plan to sucess you'll achieve and that i did im now that popular girl i wanted to be im so social and with high self confidence i just want to show you that if you want something you can get it and as paole cohelo says:"There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure" and then lemme see that self confidence, you can't tell me you're not beautiful bc each person has his own kind of beauty. Good luck with you all the best

• That's what i did* and paolo coelho* lol sorry for the typing mistakes

• That's being a teen for you, a lot of us go through it. My biggest advice is to not take everything so seriously; just apply yourself, do your best, and consider criticism, but at the same time, take it with a grain of salt. Some people believe that pushing and putting others down is the best way to get results, not realizing that it's actually harmful. With time you'll feel better, just remember that no one is perfect.

• if you were over 18, i would tell you to move out... i expect this is coming from your parents, and i'm sure it's a headache. the way i fixed this problem was by finding things i liked about myself, and holding onto them. i also use music to help with my anger problem. perhaps it might help you? you could also try speaking up for yourself, but don't let it get you down.

• There's always going to be imperfections in all of us. Don't indulge on so much pressure. Do what you can and let it be. Dig deep and Talk to yourself like SomeGuy37 said! Accept who you are instead of looking for approval from others, once you do this you'll see how many people will love you for it and you'll realize that this was all just "in your head".

• I'm Wiccan so I don't know if this will help but try doing this:

http://wiccanspells.info/ritual-for-self-love/

• The best thing to do is think of positive things and just try and laugh at your own mistakes

• Well they can't expect you to be motivated about something that you don't like to do... that is NONSENSE. Try to find at least a new hobby that you love to do, you don't have to be good at it, as long as you love what you do

• I with I had the answer to that.

• Appreciate that you are unique ugly, not generic ugly. That's what helps me sleep at night 😜