What is high maintenance behavior? Is it different in women than in men?

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, high-maintenance women come in two main categories:

1) Ultra superficial/materialistic. These can be high-maintenance since they really tax your wallet and constantly want you to buy something or take them somewhere expensive.

2) Very emotionally needy. These are the types that go crazy if you don't text them back a couple of days or will get upset if you decide to spend a weekend to hang out with your buddies even though you've been seeing her every single other day. Bonus points if they start to think you're cheating the moment you do something like this.

• And high maintenance men?

• Probably one of the most common types of high-maintenance behavior in men is jealousy, wanting constant attention from the girlfriend to ward off their insecurity.

• I see, thank you for clarifying!

Most Helpful Girl

• To me high maintenance behavior means the girl puts a lot of effort into her looks constantly, requires perfection, spends lots of $ on clothes that dont matter... oh wait thats my step mom.

Yea it tends to be worse in women than men.

What Guys Said 2

• women who want to go out for sushi every day, those who expect expensive dinners.

• It's different in male and female obviously

What Girls Said 1

• they will have high standards in everything and will b obsessed in their looks