How do you know if you can trust someone , anyone , to be loyal?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can feel it a little bit. You know that they aren't flakey, but if they are they make up for it. Loyal people keep your secrets, know things you are going through, and are there for you as you are for them. They tend to put more trust in family and friends, rather than strangers and people who are no longer involved in their lives or lives of family and friends.

They get angry with people that mess with their family and friends, they may become a mediator between two parties but always end up with the person who is being more sensible. They won't do anything to offend a family member or friend and they won't do anything to remind friends and family of people who hurt them in the past, such as saying something to old boyfriends or girlfrirnds of that seems to stir old feelings of either bad love or hurtful memories.

There are many examples but those are fairly decent indicators I think.

• Thanks for MHO!!

Most Helpful Girl

• It can take a while to determine how loyal someone is. You need to get to know their character really well, and know their past history with other people too.

When I first get to know a person I watch and listen to see how they treat people who they've fallen out with or had disagreements/arguments with. It's so easy for people to be loyal when things between you are going well, but how they react and respond when things go wrong can say a lot about their true character

Personally my loyalty isn't only extended to those who are still in my life.. Those who I'm close to. I value loyalty above all else , so if someone hurts me or betrays me in some way I'd never disclose anything to anyone about things they'd confided in me. I'd still view it as a breach of trust, regardless if they didn't think the same

Once I learn a person is vindictive , and hurtful towards people behind their back or to their face who they were once friends with then I'd no longer want them in my life.

So a person's loyalty is really only tested when things go wrong for them , and if they've been hurt in some way.

What Guys Said 3

• They earn and it and prove it, and if they betray that and that trust and loyalty can not be repaired then you do, what you do to a tumor cut it out and toss it away.

• I don't trust anyone... not even my own parents

• When they earn it and prove it to you

What Girls Said 3

• It's not easy for me because I've only ever been used to people breaking the trust I had for them. I do observe a lot and make my own judgement before I can allow myself to trust someone, it does take some time and I like it when people can prove it to me that they're genuine and won't screw me over.

• Watch what they say on what they will do. First sign is whether to know if they bullshit or just true to their words. People seems to love making false promises.

• They need to prove it through action.