Would you talk to a friend of the opposite sex for 6 hours straight on the phone?

I've been talking to a friend and we've barely noticed that we Skype or talk on the phone for like six hours sometimes. He lives 4 hours away from me. Is this normal? Our conversations are always so interesting and funny. Is there a reason why he would want to talk to me for this long?

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to talk to a girl i like for 4 hours straight. If i didn't like her then i wouldn't even talk to her for 10 minutes lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he loves u girl, even though i'm not so sure but he really feels good with your company that's sure. ur a lucky girl. Why don't u try asking him about his feelings for ex "do u love any girl?" and then see his reaction. however as u wish. I personally would do that ( sorry for my language mistakes;)

• We talk about the times we've gotten asked out and who we're attracted to but he always gets shy.

• not a prob i'm anon too lol

• Hey how's it going?

What Guys Said 8

• I can't even manage 20 minutes without the conversation dying out.

• Skype... yes phone... no
    Even if I have my ear piece on that shit hurts in your ear after awhile.

• yeah, i would. no big deal.

• if i was in love with her yeah

• I have in the past, but that was when I actually had a lot of free time to kill

• I wouldn't or ı can't talk anyone (include my gf) for 6 hours straight.

• I had a friend like that, be careful, one of you will catch feelings

• I think it's to late for that!😶

• @phoenix2000 even if we both had feelings I think it would be hard for us to be honest. I'm shy he's shy. Its in the weird space where we flirt but nobody takes it far enough

• No. If she's was my girlfriend I still wouldn't talk to her for 6 hours straight.

What Girls Said 12

• i dont think any guy will talk to a girl for that long without having feelings for her.

• I'm so good at noticing when someone has feelings but with him it's so hard! How can I tell?

• girl, you'll hear it in his tone. dont overthink, but make sure ur listening to. is he trying to keep the conversation going? that's a sign he doesn't wanna leave. is he laughing a fair bit? he's enjoying your 'company'. is he subtly flirting with you? he's dropping hints. is he talking to you for 6 HOURS? girl, some guys can't talk for more than 5 mins! ;P

• I wouldn't spend that much time talking to someone unless I was into them romantically..

• Hell yah! I do that all the time. I am not sure the reason he would talk to you for so long. It could be purely because he likes you as a friend or he could like you romantically. It's really hard to say. How do you feel about him?

• He's not the type of guy I'm usually attracted to and he's not very good looking but I like his company and I feel like I can be my whole self around him. He makes me feel safe and I don't know whenever I can't sleep he calls me or I call him and we talk until someone falls asleep.

• That's good that you feel safe with him! I think you should wait to see where your friendship/relationship with him goes. Honestly, if it were me, I would be excited to try something a little new. If he's not your type, so what? I mean, it could totally work out between you guys. It sounds like you have at least a little bit of chemistry. And if it doesn't work out between you guys, then at least you are still really good friends.

• I've talked to a guy friend for over 8 hrs on Skype before

• I thinks that bad for my ears.

6 hrs is literally too much for me

• I don't know how it happens we just forget about time?

• I was on the phone for 2 hrs one time and then it got really hot and my ears felt weird.

• I would only talk to my female BFF for that long and that would only be of we both had man problems we were trying to sort out.

• I wouldn't unless if I've feeling for him.

• Yup, I'm the same.

• 6 hours? No, I have a life...

• I have a life also it's just I loose track of time just laughing and going over memories with him.

• I hate taking on the phone. Lol so no

• Yeah, why not?

• Yea of course why not? I do this everyday with my friend

• I almost feel embarrassed that we do it do often.

• I think I do very well.

• very well?