Have you ever fired a gun? Or perhaps tried archery?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have fired a sniper rifle.
    I always carry a handgun with me.

• Anything to feel safe. ^.^

• All the more reason, depending on where you're stationed. Have you had to use it?

• Most of the time I work in plain clothes, so I have to be careful when I use it.
      So far, haven't had need for it.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 23

• I've fired a couple guns in my life, mostly just BB and pellet ones.

Everyone is itchin to get me to the gun range.

I believe I've used a bow before as well, but it would've been when I was waaaayyyy younger - 7 or 8 - so I don't recall clearly.

• You haven't been to a gun range before? If so, that's something you could do with friends, or even boyfriend if he's up for it. ^.^

• My family typically goes so next time they go I'm sure I'll go with them. I was always working in the past when they went.

• I have done both.

• One time.

• Yes to both.

• A BB Gun count? Bhaha if it's a real gun then no.. But a bow and arrow? Yes many times.

• Yes, I've shot different guns and bows in my life.

• My grandma made me, I took a hunters safety course which I was made to do also, I hated it, it was a rifle I was like 10 or so and man did it bruise up my arm good.

• Cute picture though, small girl with an oversized rifle. Tried it since, or was that both first and last?

• it was the first and last

• Yes! Have many guns and love shooting. I also own a recurve bow (but I suck at archery) that I don't practice with enough. 2 Very fun activities!

• *Fired hand guns + rifles = yes @ pistol clubs only = Rifles ARE NOT for me!!!
    *Archery = yes... a sports elective in high school that I was HORRIBLE at.

• I fired a gun once and after that it fell apart in my hands without me doing anything wrong. XD

• The closest thing to a gun I have fired was a water gun lol.
    I always wanted to try archery. It seems cool.

• Hey, a water gun is still a gun.. ^.~
      I'd recommend archery if you already find it cool.

• Yeah, archery. That was pretty cool but I'd never do it again lol

• Why not? :o

• Unsteady hands? At least you tried it, that's good. ^.^

• Yup ahaha. I have a rule for myself to try something at least once.

• Yes & YES !!! :D I liked it and I loved it! <3 <3 <3

• Not yet for the gun, but I have my own bow so I've used that

• I've practiced archery, and I'm in the military.
    Although I prefer knives.

• Knives are great, I agree. Simple, fast and graceful.

• firearms are for the uncivilized.

• A girl of my mind I see. ^.^

I don't mind guns on official shooting ranges, though.

• I've never fired a gun but I have done archery.

• I had to do some archery in middle school. It was pretty hard, but I wouldn't mind trying again.
    Gun? I have not.

• Yes, on both accounts. I like archery.

• I've done archery! I'm personally really uncomfortable around guns, but as long as others don't abuse them, I'm okay with other people having them!

• I've shot a hunting rifle.

• I love archery <3

• archery is really fun, hopefully will learn to fire a gun sooner or later.

• Yes to both.

What Guys Said 27

• Yep. Used to be really into Olympic rifles , shot a 9mm before not sure what gun it was. Nothing large calibre. Maybe some day.
    Did archery before , just a 70lb ish compound. Was fun.
    What I really want to shoot however is the Mauser K98 used by the wehrmacht and the M1 Garand used by the yanks.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...afb65e8d60.jpg

• yup I have tried archery a few times I wasn't to good at it because I don't practice but I'd like to get into it.

I've been around guns my entire life and shot tons of them from AR-15s, to mausers, M1911 Colts, 44 Magnums ( dirty Harry's sidearm ) sniper rifles, shotguns and everything in between, shot WWII era ammo, I've shot modern ammo, including hollow points nasty round wouldn't recommend shooting birds with it, when it hits them it makes the ricochet sound you hear in old westerns and then the birds explode lol.

One of the few things I haven't fired is a musket and right now I'm staring at a 45. cal black powder, musket replica that's just begging me to fire it, I'll have to clean it out really good and possibly replace the barrel though if I shot it like it is now the steel barrel would explode and probably kill me lol.

• Yeah we couldn't have it backfire and explode.. ^.~

Here we call them dan dan bullets (from their sound), or, "expanding bullets".

• Lol yeah here we call them hollowpoints because of the fact that they don't get crushed like normal bullets but explode or expand as you put it. Do you know what dragon's teeth are?

• Yes, a few times actually. A couple of times for Boy Scouts, a handgun qualification when I was a security guard, and a few times with friends.

• Yes on both, however it has been a while since I practiced either. :-(

• Yeah both and I wanna get a bow here soon and get more into archery

• Archery should be good for people like you who work out a lot. At least that's the impression I get from you.. ^.^

• That is an accurate assumption lol

• Never archery but that sounds like a lot of fun and it's definitely on my bucket list. Have fired many guns.

• Actually, since you're into working out, you may be good at archery. Some of the better bows requires a serious amount of strength to pull/fire. Do you have a favourite type of gun?

• Not seriously. And as I told Jacquesvol, I'm not familar with half the names of them.. ^.~
      But I have been to (and liked) ranges before, shooting handguns and rifles. I personally like archery more.

• Yeah I have to try it sometimes. Could be a fun date with a girl if you know what you are doing.

• Yup. I've done rifle shooting and archery (not all that great at either, but I can hit the target in rifle shooting).

• Yes to both.

• yes I have used both

• Does water guns count?

• did both xD why do you ask?

• Even though I don't really agree with weapons in homes, trying them out as sport/enjoyment, is great fun. Just that. Perhaps to give people some ideas, for dates or outings. ^.^

• Well guns aren't really an option here since the laws are pretty strict. I used them in my military service time. Bow and arrow is a nice recreational thing to do on a date though :D

• I own and have fired a bow, yes, but no guns

• At people? :o

• Yeah, I like archery myself, though shooting at gun ranges is also good fun, especially with friends.

• It does sound fun! Unfortunately, it's also loud af and I made the mistake of visiting one without the necessary protection lol

• I have done both

• I tried both once, didn't really do much for me.

• Well I take that back, using a bow was pretty fun.

• I have been trained in the use of everything from pistols to rocket launchers. The army has such wonderful toys.
    My favourite rifle is the FN FAL L1A1.
    Favourite pistol: Colt 1911 in.45ACP
    Favourite machine-gun: MG3 (which is really the old MG42 rechambered for 7.62x51mm).
    I am also partial to the M79 grenade launcher. The weapon is surprisingly accurate, in the right hands.

• You've fired a rocket launcher? Don't they have like a crazy recoil?

• There is no recoil whatsoever.
      The rocket is in a tube. It is pushed forward by the force of exhaust gasses exiting the rear of the rocket. All the energy is directed toward propelling the projectile. Shoulder-launched rockets burn their entire fuel load before they exit the tube. If they did not, the soldier who fired it would be turned into a crispy critter by the exhaust.
      Something that the jihadis have yet to learn is to (a) not stand behind a rocket as it is being launched and (b) do not use such a weapon in a confined space, because the flame from the exhaust will turn the confined space into a crematorium. I have seen some piss funny videos of jihadis killing themselves and their friends when they try to use such weapons.

• I fired wayy too many guns

• I've fired all sorts of guns and I've done archery.

• I shoot regularly. Rifles and handguns, 9mm, 40, .45, 5.56mm.

• Only fired toy guns, but I have tried archery with both a self-made wooden bow and a compound bow.

• Which did you like better then, self-made or compound?

• Well, the compound bow shoots way faster and better than the self-made one, but you can only aim at targets, whereas with the self-made you can aim at anything.
      I liked the compound better, but if I could make better bows, the self-made would be more fun.

• Yes I did sir

• I have fired guns in the past and found out that I don't like them at all

• I've shot a gun before. I like archery and do that for fun sometimes

• In the army; uzi, fn fal, and a MAG (and i thought a glock 17. Don't remember.)

• one time... almost shot the dog in the head.

• I used to practice archery... but then I took an arrow to the knee

• I used to find that line funny... but then I-- No.. I'm not gonna go there.. ^.^

• yea a few times

• Yes, I've fired a gun. NObama & all his gun control trying to keep guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens prompted me to buy one in January at a gun show.
    He needs to crack down on people with unregistered guns.

• Goes to show that laws work in reverse, most of the times. ^.^