How do you react when YOU say something that was not received as it was intended?

If you say something to someone that is not received as it is intended, how do YOU react? If you don't get the reaction that you were expecting? Like if you make a joke that someone doesn't think is funny. Do you get defensive or do you apologize?

Most Helpful Girl

• I probably wouldn't apologize for them taking it wrong, I'd just say that's not how I meant it

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• I just explain it calmly unless they start verbally attscking me, then I get defensive and am 100% more likely to not apologize at that point.

• I say that humour is subjective and it wasn't meant to hurt them. But I don't feel bad about it

• I apologize (even if sometimes I don't think I should).

What Guys Said 1

• I'm generally apologetic whenever that happens. Whenever it happens on this site I tend to have a "let's agree to disagree" attitude just to avoid a silly argument over the internet.