Was I wrong for wrestling with my nieces?

This was kind of triggered by another question on here, but anyway a couple years ago when my nieces were 11 and 12 we were watching TV at my parents house and they wanted to watch something other than what I wanted to watch. We started fighting (in a friendly manner) for the remote and it turned into a laughing wrestling match on the floor - of course I quickly pinned them both and won TV rights. But my mother came in and gave me hell. There was nothing remotely "dirty" and I was careful not to touch them in the wrong place, but do you think she was justified in being angry?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you did anything wrong. It's a little messed up that she would respond that way but perhaps she was making sure they wouldn't get the wrong idea if anyone else were to try the same thing. She probably felt it was inappropriate. Honestly I'm the same way when it comes to other people's kids. Like I know I'm not some creep and I know they know that but when I'm around people's children I try to make sure nothing happens that could be taken out of context.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think she saw it differently than the way it really was. Probably didn't notice the fact that it was more of a 'Friendly' fight and took it as something big. She still overreacted because she didn't get all details first.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• I think she overreacted.

• Yeah she did overreacted, it sounded like y'all were having a fun time

• No she wasn't and you were having fun its not like you hurt them and they sounded like they had fun too