How often do you change your mind on issues very important to you?

Though the poll options may seem extreme they need not be taken literally; it's a question of your stubbornness on the world and all that is within it that matters to you. It does not need to be earthshattering subjects or current hot topics either and can be as simple as your refusal to wear blue with green. Anything you feel very strongly about.

• Drop of a hat
  • With some evidence
  • With strong evidence
  • With damning evidence
  • You have to be threatened
  • You have to be tortured
  • Never give up, never surrender

Most Helpful Girl

• From my science background, I need to see strong evidence of something before I will make up my mind about it. Of course, I have my own personal biases but I try to remain skeptical and critical about most things. I tend to cede to those with more experience in a particular area, and will be very critical of scientific research. I want to see a few studies before I declare a trend.

I will never wear navy with black, however. That's just not happening.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tend to try to take an academic approach to these with an earnest effort to remain objective, so I tend to shape and reshape my mind on issues based on whether the evidence leads.

That said, there is a stubbornness there when I come to build a lot of a mental picture of the world and find it contradicted by new evidence. I'd say I'm somewhere between "strong evidence" and "damning evidence" with respect to my stubbornness.

• [...] based on whether [/where] the evidence leads.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't change my mind easily on my belief. Give me strong evidence and explanation and I'll think about it. Sometimes I'm just too head strong to change my mind.

• never... I am solid.

• Very often. I'm very indecisive

• With damning evidence. If it's important to me, it'll take huge efforts to change my mind

• I am extremely indecisive

• On some issues = Vote D
    On others = Vote G

• mind changes all the time.

• if someone tell me I'm wrong I change my mind

What Guys Said 4

• With very strong evidences. I'm the type of person to challenge your arguments. If you're gonna try to change my mind, then be ready to have an answer for every question, cause if not, I won't change my mind.

• If someone does have an answer to all of your questions what are the odds you will genuinely change your mind?

• I probably won't change my mind right on the spot, but I will start questioning what I believe on the subject, and start doing some research about it, to learn more about the subject.

• That's not a bad way to grow.

• I'll be the first to admit almost never and you'd have to prepare one hell of an argument and more in order to change mine. So a mix of D and G.

• A lot. I'm an over thinker

• Once my mind is made its hard to unmake it.