So just to get this straight, girls "Never" dress up for guys?

Now before I get a bunch of angry girls saying they dress up for themselves, wouldn't that mean you'd dress up just to stay around in your house doing nothing?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I'm going on a nice date, I dress up for the guy. I take longer to get ready and put extra effort in picking out what to wear because I want to look cute for him.

On a daily basis though, I dress for myself in clothes that I like, that make me feel confident.

• I can respect that. Of course it wouldn't be an everyday thing but a lot of girls on here just say it never has a single thing to do with guys lol.

• Why what does that have to do with?
      Yeah I like her but I don't think she is ready to date and if she is. She is way to busy with summer classes now to ask her out.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I dressed up for myself (I do) I'd wear sweatpants (I do) and t shirts (I do) all day (I do)

What Girls Said 25

• I love dressing up 'for my boyfriend' whenever given the opportunity.
    I dress up 'for him' in terms of wearing things that I already know that he finds incredibly hot, like certain dresses paired with thigh-highs and such. Especially entertaining and a bit hot if I wear them out to dinner so I know that he'll get increasingly worked up throughout dinner as well as the long drive home if y'know what I mean. :P

It's a bit for myself, as well, because... who wouldn't get a bit of an ego boost to wear things they know others, even if it's just their boyfriend, think that they look super sexy in?
    Two birds with one stone. 👌

• On an everyday basis I dress up for myself.
    But if I'm on a date I'll try extra hard to dress nicely to impress the guy.
    I've bought whole new outfits just because I was going on a date 😂

• I definitely dress to impress guys. If my outfit is banging but I don't see anyone fit then I'm always really disappointed

• Yesss BUT when I'm in my house doing nothing and I pass in front of a mirror I have to be like :

d.gr-assets.com/.../14710663.gif

IF not... I'm gonna have some real problems with myself !

• I dress up because I look better that way. I don't do it to please men or women. I just know that I look better so if I've got the time, I'll do it. I also dress up for events which require more attention to appearance. In my whole life, I've never dressed up a certain way to make a random guy on the street happy. That is absurd.

• I don't dress up much period (sweatpants for dayz) so If I'm wearing something nice with my hair done and everything then I am definitely trying to impress a guy. Lol

• On rare occasions it is about impressing others but I actually do put on makeup and nuce outfits when I'm staying home because it's fun but I try not to because then I'm wasting makeup products by using them every day lol.

• No, we do both lol. It's pretty confusing.
    We do get dressed up for ourselves and also get dressed up for guys, but we'd be lying if we said 'never'.

• They dress for the guy on dates but they're feminists so they feel the need to make you feel lesser of a man. .

• I'll take extra time to be sexy for my man but I'll dress up too differently if I'm meeting the girls.
    Even when I'm home alone I'll be half decent. lol

It's so I don't worry about how I look and be myself.

• The men I date like seeing me in certain clothes, shoes and underwear.
    I am more than happy to do this.

• Nor sure what girls your talking to but I dress up sometimes for my soon to be husband. Sometimes I want him to be wowed. I think some people get to comfortable in the relationship and just quit trying. But not all girls are like that..

• I dress up for my boyfriend

• If I'm into him, yeah, I might dress up to look nice for him. But most of the time I want to look nice anyway.

• There are most definitely girls who dress up to impress a guy she's trying to get with. I would never do that but I would on the other hand dress up for MY man only to show my love and appreciation.

• We don't go to the mirror and say, "OH! I want to wear this for the guys I meet on the streets!"
    No no nope nup! no.
    We dress up for our own self confidence, not for men.

• So tell me, how do you dress when you're at home and no one is around you?
      Do you put on makeup, your best clothes, do your hair?

I'm not saying a part of it isn't for self confidence but to say that there isn't a single part of it, made to attract the opposite gender (or whatever gender you're into) is ludicrous.

• I like to still dress up nicely at home too, for fun mostly.
      I'm also not saying that all of us dress nicely for ourselves, but some do dress up for their boyfriend or someone they may like too.

• Of course not, they dress down instead.

• I dress up for myself and for my SO, so to answer your question, I'm only not dressing up for guys half the time...

• I do that lol

• I do dress up for guys sometimes.

• When I'm in a relationship, I like to dress up/look nice for my man. When I'm single, I still dress up to feel like I look nice when I go out.

I want to look nice when I go out. What's so wrong with that?
    Everyone should be allowed to feel good about themselves with no further agenda, no?

• I dress up for guys sometimes. But when I say guys - - I dont mean every single guy in my general vicinity. I am dressing up either for myself, or a specific person.

it irritates me when you have those gross creepy guys who think that they have the right to treat you like a piece of meat because you look a certain way. i'm like "yeah i might look hot but i didn't do it for YOU, its for that other guy lol"

its like if i bake a pie and you happen to smell the aroma, well thats nice that you like the smell and its making you hungry, but homeboy over there is gonna eat it its already reserved for him

• off course they do but not always it depends of they care about the guy then they will do their best to 'impress' him with their beauty just like guys stay hours fixing their hair / trimming their beard or shaving it and putting a nice outfit to impress the ladies ;)

• I usually do dress up around the house except most Sundays. For me, Sunday is laundry and chore day. I don't really go out much on Sunday's. During the week however, even if I don't plan to leave the apartment, I dress up. I live by myself too, so it's usually just the cats who see me. And honestly, I do it more just in case I run into women I know more than I do for guys. Women are more judgmental about fashion and clothes than guys are. Guys really don't care unless the girl looks unkempt or something.

The funny thing is, I met my ex-boyfriend in my Sunday attire. I usually wear jogging pants or leggings with a sweater or t-shirt. I was wearing jogging pants and an old Tim Hortons camp day t-shirt.

• I primarily dress up for guys, but that's because I have no fashion sense or care level. If I'm putting in effort, at least a chance of me having sex better be in the works.

• But like, if I'm jogging and he likes the way my sweats look on my bouncing ass... No, I didn't do that for him. There's really a wide swath of opinion perspective here based on the situation.

What Guys Said 10

• Of course if a girl likes a guy she will dress up to impress him when they go out.

• I think the idea is they don't do it to attract men, more just too look like a good looking person to anyone who sees them

• Not necessarily, for the second part. Dressing nice can make an individual feel more confident in themselves. Feeling confident is important in most of the things we do, however when we're just lounging comfort is typically more important. But, you can look at ladies under wear as an example of this, most of the time no one is meant to see their under wear but them, but they'll still put on pairs that they think are “sexy" or “cute" or whatever else.
    As to the first part, yes, of course women will dress nice for their guys from time to time.
    And as a side note, I think most of the time they dress to compete with other girls, so neither for guys or their selves.

• Of course they don't really dress up for themselves. They wouldn't dress up on a deserted island... The dressing up for themselves line means dressing up to project a certain image to others, which makes her feel good. What it doesn't mean is that she dresses up for some random guy who wants to get in her pants.

• The attraction from guys is what places value on girls' attractiveness. This value gives girls power and so they want to maximize it. Might be more accurate to say they are dressing up for their own sake, but through appeasing the phenomenon of attraction from guys.

Girls that realize this are special. The rest are what they are.

• People dress up for other people. Simple as that. Everyone trying to tell you otherwise is living in denial.

If people wouldn't care about others perception of them, they would not wear makeup, be in comfortable clothes all the time, etc.

• I think they do, but it is done subconsciously

• For your next question you need to come up with a more stupid generalization

• I love when girls get dressed up. y'all look really beautiful and gorgeous.

• Excellent question my friend I've noticed that pattern too!!! =)