Have you ever thought about how money has so much power?

I just think that it's completely illogical for humans to value such an exiguous (small) object. Without it, we have no power nor any means to survive. Everything in our lives relies on money. Entertainment, food, shelter, transportation, even love. Do you people ever think about this? Please state your thoughts in the comments.

• Yes, I think about it sometimes
  • No, I've never really thought about that
  • I don't like thinking about it
  • Results

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't have power, its paper. Its only value is that people think it has value. Once you realize that its not really all that powerful at least on the individual level. Its never swayed me personally.(probably why I'm poor. Its never held much value to me).

What Guys Said 14

• i think we are money slaves because we can't live without. we have to spend time working for money, this time is used to make others richer than ourselves. in the end we spend this money again but only after the government has taken its share. we work until we can't anymore and so we become old, we worked and we gained nothing. money, which spend again, and again and again. there is no permanent long term gain to working and making money.

• Well currency has always had power, not so much paper money but just currency in general, at one time it was gold and jewels and silver, other times copper and even at one time salt was the most powerful currency on earth.

• See the power of money is amazing.. I have seen how powerful it is..
    The monetary system is designed to financially enslave you and they shove sports! And love in your face so you don't realize the true source of strength is money... And empires

• "I just think that it's completely illogical for humans to value such an exiguous (small) object. Without it, we have no power nor any means to survive."

If without money, "we have no power or any means to survive," then why is it "completely illogical" for humans to value money? It seems to me that it's entirely logical for humans to value something without which we have no power or means to survive.

• You're dissecting my statement without fully comprehending what I'm trying to say. I'm saying that we dedicate our lives to earning fiber threaded paper. We work jobs that take away our happiness and leave us unfulfilled just because of it. I understand that it was designed to simplify the trading system. But we put so much value in it, kill others for it, just to have it. Our governments, and us, are at the mercy of those who dominate the economic ladder. What kind of world have we made for ourselves? Why do we crave order at the expense of our lives? It's idiotic. Our life is supposedly precious, yet it's wasted. I know we don't live in a perfect world. I know people are too corrupt to try to make it better. These are just my thoughts caused by my curiosity and lack of understanding as to why we are the way that we are.

• It's funny because it's literally just numbers

• It is counter-intuitive, that's true, but is was invented essentially to simplify the bartering/trading system.

Imagine a scenario: you need bread, but you stitch hats for a living. You would trade a hat to the baker, but he doesn't need one. The blacksmith does so you trade it to him for a tool. The baker also doesn't need that tool, but the blacksmith is the only one who wanted a hat. But the fisherman wants that tool, so you trade it to him for some fish and so on, until you finally have something to trade to the baker.

The idea behind money (well currency really) is to create something that everybody is always going to want simplifying the trading process.

• We realize this even when we're kids. We just don't get it but we notice certain behaviors. Once we get older to the point of supporting ourselves, then we we really realize what value money really has. Those who say that money make you happy, I kind of have to disagree with that. Having money gives us independence and our own decisions. It's nice to have money so that you can have a place of your own, pay off your bills and debts, being able to pay for dates or vacations. But money only brings that type of happiness. It doesn't give you the other half of happiness that need as humans

• Those who say that money doesn't make you happy*

• I often think about what a world (a working world) without money would be like. Like, people would be trading stuff, like in the olden days.

• Its what separates us from the animals.

• Yes, that's why I want a lot of it.

• you could live quite happily with no money

you could also just suicide

it's not that important, overall

• To have enough money for doing something is normal and important. But we don't need lots of money. Money is not a good thing. And I hate gold diggers. This is not love. This is self-seeking. And its disgusting.

• Money has power because we all love it. This is the only reasin why money has any power to it. Love.

• Yep, hence, why I am trying to accumulate as much of it as possible.

What Girls Said 1

• It makes the world go round, money gives men power, we all need it, sadly it also makes people do very bad things to get it, that is why they say it's the root of all evil.