This year I've learnt that money can't but happiness. Who else agrees?

Well growing up as a rich kid I've always got everything I've wanted, yet always been outside of social circles, a 'loner'. Don't know if the money had anything to do with it. Of course the are people who don't have enough money to support themselves, and I do give charity. I should rephrase my question 'EXCESS money can't...' Thanks for all the opinions...

Most Helpful Guy

• Anyone that thinks money can't buy happiness, clearly never thought to try and buy a puppy. lol

Seriously though, it can buy a certain level of happiness. The problem is that once you are out of the poverty level, you don't get any happier from money. It does however buy happiness for people below the poverty level.

Most Helpful Girl

• As humans we all have this void within us. As we go through life we try to fill that hole. People often use sex, drugs, food, and material goods (just to name a few). Money helps in obtaining all those things along with the basics like food, shelter, and safely. The only thing I have ever seen fill the void and support long term happiness is learning to love yourself as you are. With hard work and understanding we can be positive about ourselves a little more every day

What Guys Said 20

• I do not agree with people that say money can not bring any level of happiness. Having enough money to run heating in the winter and not having to worry about the power bill, being able to pay your bills with no worry and being able to eat without worry brings a level of happiness and this level of happiness is bought to you by money. On the other hand replacing your phone every year etc or buying materialistic things will only bring short term or fake happiness and will not fix your problems.

• absolutely true. Money can buy sex, but not love. It can buy health care, but not health. I've known some very wealthy people who were also supremely unhappy.

• I don't agree, with enough money you can buy ANYTHING. Even love!

• Money provides freedom and comfort which can make you happy but beyond a certain point it stops adding happiness. Like I dont believe Bill Gates is the happiest man in the world.

• Money can buy you the illusion of happiness. But true happiness comes from the life you decide to live not the wealth you attain

• money canĀ“t buy happines but i'd rather cry in my million dollar mansion than out in the raind xD

• Money buys comfort... And if you are crying your eyes out, you might as well cry in 5 star hotel suite

• Scientifically you do get happier with a higher income... to a point. I dont remember what the income was bit it was decent but not wealthy. Basically if you got money to be free to pursue your hobbies and free time then that is as far as it will take you.

After that it falls to things like social circles and mentality.

• Money can't buy happiness but making money brings happiness.
    Does that make sense?

• In my opinion things like having a lot of money and fame can make it difficult to find real relationships. If you depend on that money or fame to make friends you will find a lot of leeches and users.

Maybe money can make a person happy in certain aspects of their life but I don't think it will make a person happy with everything in their life.

• I kind of disagree with that. But my experiences makes me appreciate money

• FALSE. SILVER AND GOLD INGOTS. PIRATE SILVER CUBES.

• What took u so long

• I don't know. I have never had that much money lol

• Money isn't everything but it is ahead of what ever was in first place...

• How did you figure that out? I still think money is way better

• that's cuz u don't have money

• Agree...

• ya but u need it to survive

What Girls Said 14

• As someone who is from a very poor family who sees her parents fight daily over it I have to disagree.

• Well actually it can, if you use it right. Money alone doesn't make you happy, i agree, but it takes a load of stress off your shoulders and you can enjoy life much more, if you don't overdo it directly at the beginning.

• Are you sure because I just got a vibrator delivered and I don't have triple A batteries... $10 and a trip to the store can buy me temporary happiness 😂

• I agree completely

• Money buys freedom, not happiness.
    I have always known this.

• Not true you creat your own happiness with or without money

• Of course not

• Its true. Happiness has more to do with an increase compared to what we had before. A poor person who gains a lot of money will be happy. But someone who has always had the same amount of money will not be able to appreciate it the same

• That's totally true, all the money in the world can't make you happy

• Nope don't agree

• I think it can buy SOME happiness...

• Money is everything dude it buys u things u want. Like lets say you wanted to travel the world well, you can't do it without money so therefore i disagree witchu

• No, but it'd solve a lot of problems.