Why do I cry all the time?

Lately I've been crying so much, I kinda get into a negative/hateful cycle in my head, sometimes I can stop myself but most times I just start crying. It usually happens at night, when im going to bed and don't have anything to dustract me. I don't think I have depression, I don't feel depressed.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do not try to suppress it, if you feel like crying then cry. That said you should start with small things that makes you happy like perhaps a pet or a potted flower then do things like reach out to people and socialize. Perhaps find someone close or anonymous online that can listen to your problems.

Perhaps do some group activities.

• OK, thanks :)

• That is why I am here for. Hope you find something to brighten your day :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess you are crybaby?
    seriously It may be depression but you don't want to believe it.

• I generally don't cry unless someone's died haha. I have been depressed before, and it doesn't feel the same which is why I'm having doubts. It could be mild depression though?

• Yeah it could be mild depression.

• OK, thanks :)

What Guys Said 9

• Alright, what I suggest before treating the crying is to figure out what it is. Naturally, I can't begin to assume what goes in someone's head. It being night time is not an uncommon thing though.

To figure out what is wrong, I suggest free writing.

Essentially, get out a piece of pen and paper (or type on a computer) and write for 20 minutes (perhaps starting during one of the negative/hateful cycles). This writing should be nonstop and has no rules to it. Grammar does not matter. Sentence structure does not matter. It should be a flow of a conscience directly how you see. It is important, however, that you do not stop writing once you start. To help fix it, I would also strongly suggest doing it for 4 days in a row (each 20 minutes). Perhaps this will help unclog your thoughts and figure stuff out.

Some important notes to free writing:
    A.) if you feel writing about a certain event is about to push you over the edge emotionally (aka flip out), STOP.
    B.) You may or may not feel sad a bit immediately after writing. Like watching a sad movie, this will go away. The free writing should help in a long term though.
    C.) The writing will be for you only, so feel free to really go deep into thoughts without boundaries. Likewise, only you should be reading them-- write about anything you want and delete them afterwards if you'd like.

The official prompt:
    "In your writing, I would like you to really let go and explore your very deepest emotions and thoughts about the most traumatic experience in your entire life. You might tie this trauma to other parts of your life: your childhood, your relationships with others, including parents, lovers, friends, relatives or other people important to you. You might link your writing to your future and who you would like to become your future, or to who you have been, who you would like to be, or who you are now. Not everyone has had a single trauma but all of us have had major conflicts or stressors and you can write about these as well. All your writing is confidential. There will be no sharing of content. Do not worry about form or style, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, or grammar."

• Thanks, I think I'll try it :)

• You are depressed if you are crying. To be depressed all you need to do is but feel sad. I don't know you and I don't know why you feel sad but I want you to know that even though I'm a stranger that I love you. I hope you find happiness and relief from what has you feeling down lately. I want you to know some people out there care about you and that you aren't alone. I hope you feel better.

• Maybe try and talk to someone when you have those bad thoughts that make you cry. May be a professional who can help you find the reason you think about them.

• Sounds like bipolar behavior

• I don't know but chicks who cry all the time are a huge turn off. It's annoying.. you're a grown ass adult learn how to communicate correctly.

• Its not directed at anyone though, did you read the description?

• Maybe hormones, maybe your subconscious is dealing with stuff, maybe you áre having a depression and maybe you should be mindful of yourself and talk to your doctor about it.

• Why do you cry?

• I don't know, I think it's because of the weird cycles I get into.

• Try to watch random funny YouTube videos till you fall asleep

• Thanks

• Something eating you? You can always talk to family... Or even close friends...

• Because you feel lonely, and it's like there's no one there for you.

• I think you're right, thanks :)

What Girls Said 10

• It's not that you should feel depressed to be depressed.
    Take this quiz and see if you have signs. It's not a diagnosis but indicator that you may.

patient.info/.../patient-health-questionnaire-phq-9

• Crying isn't all that bad, it's a way for the body to release toxins, and you may find that you'll feel better afterwards.
    Sometimes I randomly cry for no reason or cry simply over being overwhelmed.

• Thanks :)

• You're very welcome! :)
      Trust me, I used to get into those cycles too, and occasionally I still do, so you're definitely not alone.

• Sometimes I just find myself crying for no reason, I'm not even feeling sad!

This doesn't sound like that. Don't rule out depression, folks often don't recognise the symptoms and a professional can help. But is there someone close you can talk to first?

• Yeah, there is thanks

• could be depression. hormones can do it as well. are there any triggers that start it?

• maby it's stress?

• That happens to me too.. I think our brains for some reason get sad. My brain will get sad then try to pick any reason to feel sad about or make it worse.

• Are you lonely?

• cause your a crybaby grow up

• I usually never cry unless someone's dies lol. You shouldn't make snap judgements like that because often their wrong.

• Funny how no one agrees with you lol

• My god are you 14 or something lol

• Happens to me too. For no apparent reason

• Are u in love? Or do u need someone to fulfill ur heart?

• No, I'm not in love and I don't really need anyone right now.

• @puncakegirl yes if u can't be with him/her of course.

• Np hun