Do you ever feel someone's watching you through your webcam?

I feel like I'm the only one. I get so nervous that someone's watching me through the camera on my laptop or my phone, I actually put stickers over the camera so they can't see. Or when I'm holding my phone sideways I put my thumb over the camera.
I might be crazy lol

One time on my computer the light next to the camera was on (it's only on when the camera is being used) and I started freaking out like "omg omg omg someone's watching me. Someone's fucking watching me"
Uh well, it turns out I just forgot to close photo booth and it was running in the background.. whoops
Oh and one more thing. I used to have an Xbox Kinect and there's a camera on it. And this one time I was playing games online with these guys and they were laughing and whispering about something. And I automatically assumed they were watching me through my Kinect and they caught me picking my nose or some shit or they were laughing about my ugly face or something. Then I immediately disconnected my Kinect and never set it up again. I still have it, it's just in a box somewhere

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• you are not crazy, the NSA can do this, hackers can as well. there are online communities that hack passwords of peoples cameras on their drive ways that are connect through internet and password secured. many times they just put up the standard password which comes in lists; when you download Kali Linux the standard passwords for all WIFI secured by WPA/WPA2 are in a list preinstalled in the operating system. then you download aircrack NG and you can hack WIFI in under a couple days. this is called a brute force attack and it works in minutes. if you dont have the right list you can do a brute force attack that just goes off all possible password combinations, this is not always successfull if your password is really strong it can take a long time, like years. then the hacker moves on to an easier target. even malware in your browser can be used to trigger your webcam and film you.

What Girls Said 26

• My old laptop, yeah.
    The camera would turn itself on (red light next to the camera would turn on when the camera was on).

I stopped using it. Lol

• no I use to do that. I kinda don't care anymore.

• Think someones up to no good!! hahah

• Lol no you paranoid little fox

• My friend one time showed me how to explore the deal web. Safe to say it' something I'll never try again, BUT for almost 2 years, I was paranoid about simple things including when my macbook froze.

• Both of my laptops + my iPad have blue tack over the cameras.
    I shred all of my mail
    I also have mini cams in my driveway where security cctv can't reach

Yes I have reasons. No I won't discuss them.

• I heard with the xbox 1 does it, turning camera on without you knowing.

I never feel that way.

• no, i believe the government watches us... i usually just ignore it. if they're so bored they have to watch me do homework, than that's their problem.

• No. I doubt anyone is interested in enough to watch me.

• Only my phone because once someone tapped my phone and had access to my camera.

• Is it because you've seen it happen in a movie or something? I don't ever feel the same way but I think putting stickers on your camera is a little extreme

• No but I've watched videos about the government and how they track people and they have the ability to hack into your computer and watch what websites you're going on and they have access to your camera and microphone. I mean I don't really do the sticker thing anymore, I used to.

• Well I'm sure you're not the only one who feels that way then. Maybe you can download something that will alert you if your webcam is being used

• Yeah sometimes

• New mean they aren't?

• haha yeah after I watched the movie abduction

• Yes I feel that sometimes

• Duh you are crazy lol Jk

• Only when I'm changing.

• Yeah and on my old laptop I covered the camera.

• i tape over mine

• Yes that's why i put tape over the cam part

• I currently don't have a webcamera, but i understand how you feel

• Used to, yeah. Not so much anymore.

• i do lol

there ARE hackers that can get in your system and do that kinda stuff... i also have tape over my camera
    but you said there is a light and stuff, you can easily tell then no need to worry lol

• This is a really fucked up situation and authority should be involved

• I have tape and stickers over it so hopefully not

• I used to because I remember a few years ago I had these guys who obsessively asking for me to open my webcam to chat with them and when I refused, they got furious about it. I just closed my laptop lol.

What Guys Said 16

• I have a small piece of paper in front of the camera, just in case.
    Probably no one would want to spy on me, but you never know.

• I do it as well. I started after I watched some hacker convention videos...

• Nope, cause I don't have a web cam. If I did, I'd always have the feeling the NSA would be watching me through my web cam.

• Only when I broadcast on chaturbate
    Wait wut

• I put stickers on mine too 🙈

• Lol the thought has crossed my mind and wouldn't be surprised if someone would be watching. Whether or not thats the government or some stupid hacker lol.

• They would be extremely bored if they were watching... just saying..

• I don't care if people are watching me just sit there looking at dank ass memes on my phone. I don't want people watching me period.

• don't worry, it's just the Illuminati. (btw, there's no way that's possible without some form of malware or spyware)

• That's why I'm always nude in front of my webcam. Flexed the whole time..

• *Unzips Pants* Oh so someone's watching me eh? :v
    Actually it's not hard to hack into someone's camera via phone of pc...
    Sweet dreams people ;)

• Only when I'm looking at something particularly sinful.

• Lmfao they can, I am hella jacked

• Yes all the time

• I don't have a webcam so it gives me piece 😆

• Yea i know

• It's one of the most widely spread hacks, and happens for real to some people.
    You had better disconnect it when you don't need to use it, it's more viable than placing stickers, I guess.