How to parallel park?

Test is next week and I don't want to fail this 2nd test :( ( Please no rude comments)

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop alongside the other car so your mirrors and lined up. Put it in reverse and as soon as you are moving, start turning the wheel. The trick is to not turn TOO much, you need to be able to straighten the car back out but also have travelled far enough backwards into the space that when you start turning the other way, you won't hit the car in front of you.

What I was told was put it in reverse as described, turn the wheel one whole revolution and and you'll start to turn as you move backwards. Once you're at the right angle, turn the wheel back straight one whole revolution. As the front corner of your car passes the rear corner of the car in front, turn the wheel the other way one whole revolution and you should end up perfectly in the parking space.

That was 20 years ago in driving school, I don't remember the exact details now, but I also don't have any problems parallel parking either ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm absolute bad ass at parallel park. My coworkers, parents and friends can't parallel park and one friend can't even park in a normal car space. He doesn't understand you have to go wide so your car goes straight in the space. I've even shown him but he doesn't get it.

Hasn't your instructor shown you how to do it? Because they should have.

I'll go through it in the steps I go through, which never fails for me, but you'd need to practice it in a car.

Don't ever go forward into a parallel park (it just never works out and you almost always have to go onto the curb with your front wheel to get anywhere close to the curb), always reverse into it and wait for the road to be clear before you go in (indicate too) as the car moves out when it parks.
    This is going to be so hard to explain but I'm going to try.

1. Drive up next to the car that's in front of the space you're going into, but not too close.
    2. Look out the small back window (the window behind the back seat window), on the side where the car is and make sure the back of the other car, can be seen in the first HALF of that window.
    3. Very slowly start moving back, but once you start moving, turn the steering wheel ONE whole turn (right if the car and space is on your right and vice versa) and keep it there as you move back.
    4. In your side mirror, check you're not going to hit the other car, whilst you pay attention to how close to the curb you are.
    5. When you're about half way in the space, straighten the wheel and go a little further towards the curb until the front part of the car clears the back of the other car and you know you can move without hitting it.
    6. Start turning the wheel the other way to start to straighten the car into the space, keeping an eye on the curb in the side mirror and slot in behind the car in front.

You can adjust your mirror beforehand so you can see the curb and wheels better before you start. If you think you're going to hit the curb, just start again.

That should be it and you can obviously adjust it if it's not entirely straight, just avoid the curb but don't be too afraid to get close and keep an eye on how close you are to the other cars.

What Guys Said 13

• My driving teacher explained it to me the following:

1. Drive towards the car infront of the spot and beside it until you can see the end of the car being right behind the sidewindow of your backseats

2. Turn full in until you are about 45°

3. Straighten up and drive a slight bit more

4. Turn full in into the opposite direction to straighten your car.

• Get the rear of the car in the gap about only half way in and then just spin the wheel to the curb and roll in SLOWLY. Then if necessary slowly move up or backwards to adjust for any space issues. But most importantly use the CONES as guidelines.

• I've seen that a bunch of people already posted how to actually park it
    In just saying to chill
    Half the battle is to be confident
    You got this 😉

• You go like.. Vroom seeeeeek vroom vroom seeeek thud. There done.

• Reverse until when you lean forward you can just seethe back of the car in the passenger mirror.
    Then go full lock left/right (depending on direction) and stop when you're at about a 45 degree angle
    Go full lock right/left (opposite to before) until you're in the space. Adjust as necessary

Obviously this is a rough guide, and it depends on the length of your car, distance you start from the car you park behind etc.

• Rear view camera!

• 0|0
  • So I've never driven before and I'd urge you not to either, it's really bad for the environment, but if you decide to anyways, I'm pretty sure it's something you learn from doing not reading.

• pull past, stop, spin wheel right, back up, mid way spin wheel left. pro tip, put passenger mirror down to point at the wheels so you can make sure you're not going to hit the curb.

• Can't explain it you just have to practice it

• Step 1 - Practice
    Step 2 - repeat step 1

• Practice, Practice, Practice... it's easier to do when you are reversing

• https :// www. youtube. com/watch? v=cKYWPnt2jFM

watch it

What Girls Said 7

• Start above and parallel to the spave you're trying to park in. Put the car in reverse and SLOWLY back up until you know you won't clip the car next to you. Turn the wheel hard to the right (so the butt of the car goes inwards) an as you get relatively close to the curb turn the wheel hard to the left (so the front of the car straigthens out into the space). Straighten out aftet anddd done ^^ Best of luck!

• You just have to go practice.

• Pull up next to the car infront of where you want to park, bumper aligned to theirs, turn your steering wheel all the way towards their car, reverse til you're at a like a 45 degree angle with the curb, steering wheel all the way away from the other their car, and back into the spot, adjust accordingly. Driving instructor taught me this, practice it and hope for the best, good luck! :-D

• Pull up next to the car in front of the space, then back in behind if (turning at an angle of course).

• You get in a car and you practise and practise until your test

• You just have to practice and practice and practice

• Why didn't you practice parallel parking with a car? Look up youtube videos. The more practice the better you get

• I've been practicing for 6 months now

• It's mostly busy either way

• hm it's hard to explain it honestly without actually doing it