What's the longest you took to reply back to someones text?

Were they angry with how long you took? It took me 5 hours one time & my boyfriend didn't like it. When I arrived at his house that night he was like what were you doing?

Most Helpful Guy

• I always respond within an hour of someone texting me. I hate when people take hours to respond! It just feels so rude to keep someone waiting all the time for a response. I can understand once in awhile but not every single reply being over an hour later. We all have phones always on us so I don't get why so many people I talk to take forever 😜

• What if you're asleep?

What if you're doing something that lasts longer than an hour?

What if you forget yr phone?

What if you decide to just unplug for a day?

• @redeyemindtricks I have an answer to all of those questions!
      1. I can hear my phone when I am asleep and depending on the ringtone I will answer it.
      2. I haven't had anyone text me while I am away from my phone for longer than an hour for years.
      3. I have never forgotten my phone as it's essential to everyday life!
      4. Who does that? 😂

• Interesting, thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• It has taken me a whole day or longer before bc I forgot they even texted me

What Guys Said 8

• An eternity

• I keep getting texts, emails and PM's from a woman I walked away from a year ago this July 3rd. She just don't get it.

• I tend to answer right away as soon as I'm free. So the longest might have been 8 or so hours due to sleeping or working.

• days.

they didn't deserve it right away

• A week, I was busy.

• 2 months.

• Depends on how hot they are lol

• I don't know. Maybe few weeks & one case where I haven't replied for 4 months now and still counting :P
    Worst experience came when I didn't reply my best friend for 20 minutes and chatted with friends in a group. I explained that I had battery saver on so I didn't get notifications. She didn't listen. So much drama we had. We laugh every time we remember that drama

Usually I reply within an hour or two..

What Girls Said 10

• On purpose? Only a few minutes.
    By accident? Like 2 days.
    No they didn't get angry because I don't play games by "waiting" to reply back. I only dont reply back immediately if I'm busy- and even then I try to when I can. I tell the person "hey im busy, might take a few to reply"
    Sometimes I just forget to reply to the person too, and as soon as I remember I apologize a whole bunch and explain that i forgot.

• I don't tend to fight over text, but the one time I did it was with a family member and I didn't talk to them for months. They had to reach out to me.

• I took about days maybe because he had done the same and then I just stopped talking all together.

• I think it was 8 or 9 days.

They understood and were cool about it.

• after a good night of sleep I respond to the people who upset me cause sleeping make all the things better. Or after eating some chicken nuggets

• lol sometimes i just dont reply to be honest. if its someone i have said i dont have an interest in small talking with, then i text back super slow. if i like talking to you, i text back pretty fast

• You mean even if a person offered an apology you still wouldn't talk to them, that's what I got from it anyways

• Never

• i think a day

• Overnight