Would you give up yourself for the sake of the world?

Could you let your own self go, if it meant happiness for the rest of the world?
Would you take on suffering, if it resulted in a better world?

• I think I could.
  • I'm too important.. they should give themselves up for me.
  • I don't think I could.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, I care more about myself than I do about the world and don't care what happens to majority of the humans on this planet. Unless it benefits my life and changes it for the best I might but if I don't get anything in return then I'm not.

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a feeling you were Japanese so I checked - Yeah there is a touch of eastern philosophy there in that question many eastern religious strictly follow - I feel about this question that you won't know the answer till you are tested - Would I intentionally suffer for the sins of others like lead a life of self inflicted torment, I don't think I am that good - In a spur of the moment or present time, could I be pushed into doing something like going into battle for a righteous cause knowing I will probably lose, here it is I like to think so but I don't know - The distinction I am trying to make is between the very admirable people who dedicate a life to help the spirituality of the world and those like soldiers or campaigners who respond to a situation who I hope are the majority of the people that are left. I am going around in circles a bit to answer your question, I honestly don't know - I faced some things in my life and was genuinely quite surprised how I overcame them so I would be optimistic I might do it but I would have to totally believe in the cause.

• Best answer yet. I feel the genuinity of your answer.

• True.. The world needs more good people.. I'm not religious in the modern sense myself, but my view on life brings me to adore the notion of martyrs and "saviors".

• Thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 18

• At this point in time- Yes. Things may change when I'm older; so I make no guarantee.

My first thought was my family. My sister and my cousins came to mind first. Cousins - 2 adorable little boys who are always smiling and laughing. One of them has the brightest and bluest eyes I've ever seen.

When he laughs and smiles, it melts my heart. <3

• I could without a doubt. Getting a ticket from this s***** world and for selfless reason I'm perfectly fine with that.

• I think I could, if everyone got to be happy, healthy, and free of pain and suffering.

Is this question based off of a short story?

• The image is taken from a documentary "Jesus: Rise to power". But it's not what I based the question off. It's something I would love to do myself, if it were possible. Martyring the world.

• Jesus already did for us.

• If the world was a better place, then yeah possibly but this world isn't worth it.

• i don't think i could, i could very well be hallucinating the world and i could be the only real person here. the rest of you being non playing characters...

• Yes. I know that I'm not the only person in the world and hey, I've had a good run. Plus my life right now isn't going the way I want it to anyway.

• I want to help the world and help people. And it pains me to see others in pain. My problem is caring too much, but I don't think I could go through immense pain and suffering for the world like that.

• What are the results

• What has the world done for me? I'm not giving myself up for the world.

Fuck the world!

• Nope I'm a narcissistic bitch

• I feel like I already do that

• Yup yup

• I ain't Jesus Christ, dude.

• Any other time I would say yes.
    But then again look at where the world is today. It keeps getting worse and worse, people are doing very harsh tings and others only care about themselves.
    So, is it really worth saving?

• I was way worse in the past...

• @OrangeBoy Worse than what? The world or people?

• The people. The world was a clean one.
      Choose any era, it will be worse for you to live, overall.

• Yes, I believe I would... I mean I hope I don't have to find out but if I had the power to save the world why wouldn't I do that? If I had the power to even save one person, why wouldn't I? The unknown doesn't scare me and neither does the pain because I believe it will end when I die... so I just gotta bite down and bear it until I get there. There is always an end but mine would serve a purpose... that's a good way to go.

• If it was an instant death, fine

But if you're going to torture me for the sake of the world, hell no

• no I don't think I could.

What Guys Said 30

• It depends on my mood and how well I know what will happen. I don't think I would suffer that much for other people. No. You only get one life. Out of 7 billion people, there is bound to be a couple million willing to die for the sake of the rest. But I'm not throwing my only life away. Perhaps that is the reason the world is as shitty as it is. But, in the end, I'll choose me over other people every time. I'm just a bastard, but at least I admit it. Unlike most people who are bastards and don't admit it or actively claim to be good.

Then. The only reason anyone does anything is for a benefit. To actively risk themselves for the sake of billions. I mean. If they were going to be killed, they would not remain around in order to reap the benefits of seeing "Look what I did."

And then. That's easy as fuck to say. People get romantic. How many would actually do it? They're probably just delusional. They *want* to believe that they are that good of a person, but when the time came, they would choose themselves, as well, 90% who say yes.

Naa. I'm not going to suffer for fucking anyone.

• Physically I am not strongest and even mentally, but would I sacrifice myself for the world? I would because I like to think there many good people in this world.

• The people I love are part of the world so yes, if it would make their lives better.

• Without question.
    And I'd call it a bargain too, cause I'd do it for 1 person.

• Since it's very unlikely to that scenario to happen, and given that it's a surprise question made to me... most likely not... but with time, if i knew i was so damn relelant on history... my brain may get used to it and accept the fate.

For now it's a no. xD

• As a great person once wrote, "'I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine".

• Lol well if i don't give myself up then the world dies... i die lol
    So choice is either to be a hero or a dick. I am known for being both. Ill choose hero.
    @vishna check work?

• Wait fuck. For the happiness... hmm one guy already is said to have done that. Didn't work lol.
      Is it a quick painless death or am i raped by a thousand dudes?

• Rather, they slowly begin to feel hatred, greed and stuff like that again.

• If it erased it yes, if they simply slipped back into the payoff is hardly worth it.
      How long would it take to slip back into it?

• Nope, my personal life mantra is focused around my personal happiness and to make a positive impact on the world.

I will NOT sacrifice my now happiness to positively impact the world, however.

• I have always wanted to help the world and it's people. I get joy in seeing others happy and prosperous especially those I love. My life isn't very eventful and Itshe far from perfect. Giving myself up for the rest of earth is ultimately a big form of what I want my life impact on the world to be anyways

• No lol why tf would I do that, fuck all you guys

• No, the world is ungrateful and wouldn't even thank me later.

• Do I have to suffer or can I just die quickly?

• You will suffer immensely. Feeling every last ounce of pain and suffering the world has, does and will do.

• Nope, not worth it 🙈

• It is against our basic instincts to hurt ourselves after all. ^.^

• No. The world can go kick rocks. I've been shat on my entire life, it's only since becoming more Machiavellian and looking out for number one that life has improved.

• I care for the world and people but it's not selfishness that doesn't let me it's the fact we must go through our own suffering and save ourselves. If it was to save my family then yeah

• Depends on the situation.

• I would only for my family but if I had no family, probably not.

• Hell no, if they want the world better they should make it better themselves. I would never expect someone else to do the same for me

• I mean if they want happiness, they should make an effort to be happy, they shouldn't just get free happiness at my expensive without doing anything to earn it

• The fate of this world has long since been decided, I am not so self important to believe I could change it regardless of how a may suffer.

• No. Fuck all y'all 🖕. See y'all in hell beyotches! @Other_Tommy_Wiseau out 🙏🙌 😂

• Yes there are too many people I love to loose them
    Also Id hope to get a blowjob or soemthing prior to my sacrifice
    Gratitude people

• I, Lelouch Vi Britannia, already have.

• I don't think i care enough. Only for people close to me i would consider it.

• No fuck that. I'm selfish and that's how I survive.

• I'd do it in a heartbeat. crucify me.

• I can't think of a scenario where that's possible.

• What if it were. What if you redirected all anger, every bad thought and ill will, to be against you.

• I am an accountant. That's my life now!

#taxes

Seriously though, I guess, what have I got to lose? It's not as if anyone's counting on my otherwise.

• No I'm not Jesus Christ

• If any only if I have a wife and kids

• I would tbh

• Yup, would be instinctual

• Nope, I value my life too much.