Do you think a little boasting is good for your self esteem or does it come off as arrogance?

Boast about yourself!
Or not

• It's good for you
  • Makes you sound arrogant

Most Helpful Guy

• Some boasting is good for one's confidence, verbally hearing yourself say positive things about yourself is like giving yourself a self-fulfilling prophecy.

However, moderation is key.

Most Helpful Girl

• it's good for you but can b annoying to everyone else. i hype myself up occasionally, who cares if people get mad

What Guys Said 12

• This is at least partially a cultural thing. In some cultures, it's more acceptable to boast than in others. Personally, I've sort of adopted my Korean girlfriend's mentality in this: I think boasting comes across as obnoxious and impolite and should therefore be avoided. I really love the humility in the Korean and Japanese mentality. For example my girlfriend has studied really hard during the last 3 years and is now fluent at German to the extent that she studies in German, including reading academic articles and writing papers in German. Considering how her mother tongue is as far away from German as it could ever be and considering how much work she put into learning the language, I'm incredibly proud of her. However, when my parents or friends compliment her on her success, she always says things like "Nonooo! I'm still very bad! I have to do a lot of studying! Maybe some day I will be good." In Korea, people would find it extremely rude if you just responded "yes, thank you, I'm proud of myself". People would think "wow, what an arrogant prick". In the beginning of our relationship, I used to find this humility and self-loathing weird because in Europe, it's acceptable to be openly proud of your achievements. But over the years, I've learned to see the charm in the east Asian mentality and nowadays I really like it. The less boasting, the better.

• Just boast ofc

• It's good for your confidence. I really shouldn't though, I don't need confidence.

• While I don't actually boast often enough to radio army benefits I think it's probably good to relish in your accomplishments.

• Its good for you!!

• I'm a strong advocate of boasting.

• Depends if you're hot or not.

• for sure... what it boils down to.. is how you present your accolades.

• Fake humility is annoying. I can't stand people who likely know they are better looking and smarter than the average person but still try to claim they are only average. It's insulting to the people who are actually average.

• If you do it all the time you'll come off as arrogant, but there's nothing wrong with a little.

• It's fine. Just not too much.

• It has its place

What Girls Said 4

• Being humble is better; self pride/boasting etc does come off as arrogance

• Depends

• Depends on what little means to you.

• Arrogance. It always comes off that way.