If you're pro abortion?

Do you think the legal cut off of 23 weeks is ok as it is, should be later, or should be earlier?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not pro abortion but I am pro choice. There's a difference ;-).
    And I didn't know it's 23 weeks in the US. Although I'm very liberal with this stuff, I think that's a little too crazy. In my country Switzerland it's 12 weeks (3 months) and I think that's pretty good. 4 months (16 weeks) would also be acceptable in my opinion but anything beyond that shouldn't be allowed unless it's for very severe reasons (rape, terrible disability in the unborn etc.). To my knowledge, you can do a pregnancy test after about a month. So if the cut-off line is 12 weeks like in my country, that still gives you 2 months to think about it. In my opinion, that's enough time to make up your mind.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm pro-choice, not pro-abortion, so let's get that straight first before I comment.

I think 23 weeks is too far along. I think 12 weeks or within the first trimester is more reasonable. Most women find out within the first month or two they are pregnant so that's plenty of time to decide. If you're one of the rare cases that doesn't find out until like month 6 or 7, that's a bit different. I don't have a clue about that, I would say at the point it's too late.

What Guys Said 12

• They could make it later, to give more time for the person to reconsider I suppose, it's really up to the person that is pregnant as I would think since it's their body, their choice. And someone did say that each case is different so depending upon the situation. If it was a situation where it would endanger the woman, then it should not be delayed abortion was really the only option left.

And I'm not pro abortion, more like pro anti-natalism, pro childfree or childlessness by choice, or pro sterilization, so abstinence is best option, otherwise use any and all contraceptives as much as possible to try and prevent unwanted pregnancies completely instead of having to later choose between to abort or not to abort.

• It doesn't matter whether elective abortion is legal after 24 weeks, because no physician will perform an elective abortion that late into pregnancy. Third-trimester abortions are always to either save the life of the mother, or to terminate a pregnancy where there is no chance of the infant surviving. It's cruel to force a woman to risk her life to carry an fetus that will not survive.

• More than half the states in the US are from 24 weeks and higher:

www.nytimes.com/.../abortion-restrictions.html

• Wow, I didn't know that. That's crazy. The baby can literally be born and survive at the times some of those allow abortions. I mean, 23 week premature babies have been known to survive already, and more are surviving each day because of medical advances... I'm so shocked some allow it so late and some have no restriction. Is no restriction really no restriction? Like they can go in and book an abortion when they're 35 weeks pregnant and things like that? That's crazy if so, that's a few weeks away from full term.

• That's really late compared to us, it's 12 weeks and in some cases 20 weeks but you need to have a permission for that. This permission is given if there are extremely difficult abnormalities in the fetus. I don't know what's considered "extremely difficult" hopefully it's a case where it's unlikely that baby can even be born.

• as soon as there's a heart beat its a living human being. i dont know when the heart beat usually starts beating, but i would not allow the killing of a human being.

• That's usually around 6 weeks. Most people find out between 5-7 weeks that they're pregnant so it'd only give them a few days to decide something so major.

• There are actually some that can tell within 2-3 weeks, but they're less reliable because the woman might not have enough of the hormone in her body to detect and they're more expensive so some women can't afford it and instead wait for the 4-5 week ones which can come super cheap.
      But for most women, they only know when they miss a period and are over a week late, they then take a test and find they're already around 5 weeks pregnant

• i see, then when it is ok to kill a human with a beating heart in a womb then i dont see why everybody is so weird about killing humans outside of the womb also with a beating heart.

• There should be no cut-off.

• 23 weeks is plenty enough for you to realize you are pregnant... but i don't know if it is enough for the future mother to know if she wants the child or not

• Each case is different

• I'm pro adoption.

• I do not care. Kill it whenever.

• After he starts to move, its killing nor abortion
    Usually babies start to move within the 4th months

• I wish people would put more thought into planning so it wasn't needed at all. And for the cut off less maybe 12-16 weeks. I think 12 is plenty.

What Girls Said 5

• Definitely earlier to be honest, I feel it would be even more painful the more weeks you go on.

• I'm pro-choice, whatever they wanna do they can do.

• Maximum 12 weeks. After 12 weeks I'm against.

• ya I'm pro abortion, I demand everyone to get an abortion

• How many weeks do you think the cut off should be at?

• I'm not pro-abortion. I'm pro-choice.

I cede to the medical professionals here. I don't know enough about fetus development to be able to gauge what is best.