You can only pick one, visit 100 years into the future, or the past and why?

question is self explanatory.

Thanks for answering and I hope you have a great night.

Most Helpful Girl

• 100 in the future.
    We already know what has happened in the past, I want to see how the future looks like.

• thats fair... but what if you find out your own future and by knowing said future you change it accidentally by trying not to change it? (lol sorry I over think sometimes).

• I don't mind. ^ยท^
      I don't find posting your life on social media to be important. I like to take pics of some events (which I consider either important or just funny) to remember it when I look at pictures, but I don't see the point in posting them for the whole world to see.

• thats a totally fair point. okay then lol just thought I'd ask :P

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely in the future. And if it's permanent then I may lose people I knew and left them all behind, but no big deal, maybe I'll leave them all a special message automatically delivered to them by e-mail or a voicemail.

For 2 particular reasons, and it's really to either to know for certain that we "humans" have evolved, enhanced, and upgraded and reached the "Singularity" between technology, science and the human mind and consciousness and attained immortality through all of those advancements, and such as through technologies like nanomachines, or augmentation through them. A cure or semi-cure for death, aging, and most of the worst possible physical trauma, although I hope it wouldn't cost like a real mothafucka to upgrade.

If the above is indeed what turned out to be possible 100 years later I want to become evolved, upgraded, enhanced through all those advancements and have the opportunity to become immortal or invulnerable, and I would then feel that everyone and everything is finally saved from ever dying, or so I would expect and hope. It would shed some light on my current outlook on life, and the state of our current world, and many other negative and really shitty things. If immortality and invulnerability is attainable 100 years later and I was present there to see it and have the opportunity to attain it then I'd feel relieved somewhat. No more having to think about what will happen when I become old and single, or requiring someone's care when I become old and hapless and since I really do not ever want kids of my own and don't really want to marry anyone anyway after seeing and realizing what the current state of our world is.

2nd reason or more like a couple of things in mind I have are have humans developed a way to actually teleport by 100 years later? A substantial upgrade like that to transportation would really be useful and helpful and saves us lots of troubles instead of having to be stuck from delayed flights and in really congested traffic jams. But then again I don't know if there are dangerous side effects of teleportation.

Other things I want to know and see is the evolution of Artificial Intelligence development. Although I would hope and expect that they were the ones that held the key to granting and unlocking the opportunities and options for any of us that want to attain any of those before mentioned should we choose to or accept those opportunities offered to us.

• good answer because of the depth you gave.. so you are in it for the knowledge pretty much. interesting.

• I just hope that 100 years later really would actually be substantially better than where we currently are now.

The worst case scenario however that I can think of is that it's a complete post-apocalptic wasteland, and I'm stuck there with no way to return to where I currently am as if that's the case it's the worst possible scenario, much worse than where we are now, although it seems like we might be heading toward that dangerous outcome due to a significant number of existential risks.

What Girls Said 11

• If is just a visit definitely the future.. The past is already fairly known but the future i would be curious to see how things are there. Also seeing 100 years in the future would give me chance to find out about my childs/childrens lives and maybe to learn how i can avoid mistakes that i haven't done yet

• Neither. If I go into the padt I can fuck shit up. Same with the future. I don't wanna bring a disease into the future

• I would like to visit the past, because back then, not everything belonged to some government. I can't pick up apples from a tree on a street... WHY? No one gives any fckus. It's all just about money... allthough i like money, but maybe the future will bring WW3 and i dont wanna be part or even close to that :D

• In the future. The past is something I already know of and probably want to go back to (unless I can pick moments to revisit). But it's often hard to predict the future so being able to visit the future as an opportunity, I'd take that

• the past, 100%. why is because it's probably better than the future.

• So... I have to choose.
    If I choose the past then I'll meet my great grandma,
    If I choose the future then I'll meet my great grandson,
    Hard choice lol
    I prefer future.
    At least I will know whether I achieved all my goals or not.

• Depends on where I'm located...

In the US, in my very location right now. I'd rather go into the future because I don't want to be lynched by a mob of angry KKK for being black 😂

In my ancestral country, Somalia, I'd rather go in the past to meet my great grandparents when they were young and to see somalia when it's historical sites were being built. See how italian colonialism was like 😛

• I think all time-travelers will be lynched :') I would probably be accused of being a witch.

• I would go I to the past as we have no idea what could happen in the future
    Humans could be extinct !
    It would be scary

• Visit 100 years into the future...
    I'm a black female... the past isn't for me at all..

• Past. Just a 1 time do-over.

• Past

What Guys Said 18

• 100 years in the future, obviously. Fuck the past, man. Past humans are even worse than present humans. Not to mention the severe lack of internet, basic ethics, and various technological comforts. I mean. No fucking air conditioning or heating? You kidding me? At least humans advance slowly over time. We get better, slowly. But 100 years in the future is probably better than it is now. Or a nuclear wasteland. Either way, I wouldn't care. I'd take the future. Always felt like I should have been born in the future.

• I'd need more than a 100 years to be tempted with the past.. so future it is.

• fair enough.

• That's how I understood "visit" anyway. But yeah, future might be neat, seeing what all our efforts lead to.

• lol sometimes on GaG unfortunately you have to be more specific in your questions when things might seem obvious.

• i'd go to the future 1 Im black 2 im gay if i go into the past im basically signing my own Death certificate. I would go into the future and 1 look up what happened to my boyfriend an our children, 2 i would see how far the gay community has come.

• Haha this question isn't good for black people 😂😂 or gay people

• @reixun yeahhhh... unfortunately I would have loved to have said with no bigotry involved if you went to the past but that just wouldn't be realistic...=/

• 100 years in the past, the future doesn't look all that great at the moment and the past well at least I know what happens.

• @Phoenix98

make sure you take a sports almanac with you, if you know what I'm referring to lol

either that or keep an entire database of all winning lotter numbers.

But wait, I don't know if the time displacement is done through a delorean or a time field generator. If so nothing "dead" goes and you go back their completely butt naked, if you get what I mean? lol

• I would have suggested to bring a Hoverboard back too, but the real ones we currently got now, well they uh, they really suck right now IMHO and nothing like what I and most of everyone had expected of them to be just like in Back To The Future II.

But maybe a jetpack might do. But they're still not available on the market and mass produced yet, and I've seen an actual working prototype of some sort awhile ago on the news.

If you were warp back to a really groovy time such as 1300 ad, you may have to fight an army of skeletons and maybe an evil clone version of yourself too.

If so, just remember bring a "Boomstick" and a "chainsaw", you can get them at your local S-mart. Shop smart, Shop S-Mart, lol

Not sure if you know that reference, but if ya don't you may want to look into that one too lol

• @JudgmentDay LOL the hover boards we have aren't even hover boards all they do is run along a track using magnetic repulsion to stay off the ground. Basically a gloried one person rail care.

Everyone knows you go to the Star Wars universe for Jetpacks.

I can do with fighting skeletons and my evil clone haha and yeah few things beat a boom stick and a chainsaw, and yes I know that movie, another classic.

• Future. As romantic as the past might be for some, living it won't be fun. Who knows perhaps ill get to visit a doctor and live forever.

• If it's only 100 years, I'd pick the future. But if you said thousands of years, is definitely choose the past

• Future. So I don't get lynched.

• Past, I'd like to see family I never got to meet.

• I just care about the future.
    Reason... to know how we are doing as humans.
    Just that.

• Future. Because I know about the past already. Also you have a good night too my dude

• 100 years in the future could be a nuclear wasteland. 100 years in the past was the middle of WW1, one of the worst points in history. I'd rather stay here, but since I know history well, i'd rather go into the past as it's more predictable.

• Brush up on my history and than a hundred years in the past. I'm going to own the world muhaha!

• 100 years into the future.

1916 wasn't exactly a good year for anyone.

• lol thats fair... let me ask this question again in 4 years...

• 100 years into the future
    I wanna see if we blow ourselves up by then

• i'd go into the future and suicide bomb my future self to create a double sided paradox..

• if i go 100 into the past women are still household slaves and i can just marry one. BUT if i go to the future, we could actually have somewhat of an equilibrium between men and women which is what i prefer. now we have documented history which means that i know what to expect, if i would go to the future which we have no idea of what would happen i would have much less certainty.

regardless, i would choose the future because of all this awesome technology.

• So 1916 or 2116? I'd choose 1916 then.

Although 10s weren't my favorite decade. I prefer the second half of the 20th century. But 2116 scares me a lot. 2016 is already shit as it is. I can't imagine the world in 2116, but it scares me a lot.

1916 sounds better and "friendlier" among those 2 options.

• Past. I love cars and mechanics but I am scared of what emissions, population scarcity of fossil fuels etc will mean for work. I would love to go back to the start and rise of the internal combustion engine, not to see the fall of it and rise of other methods. Maybe I am not revolutionary enough or whatever but I have pretty old school values as well so it might fit me back in time