If you found a $100 bill lying on a bench, no one around--no wallet, no ID--would you take it?

• No. The owner of the $100 may remember where they were and hopfully come back to look for it. I don't want to take money that's not mine.
  • Hell yeah. I'll be $100 richer. Whomever dropped it should have paid more attention. Bet they'll learn from this experience.
  • I would take it and bring it to the closest semi-authority/cashier/manager and tell them to make an announcement that $100 has been found.
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I'd take it if there was no physical evidence of it belonging to someone else and there was no one else around to see me take it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lost cash is different from say, a lost wallet. There is no way to verify the rightful owner of cash, therefore the rightful owner becomes the next person to claim it. That's me.

There is no moral high ground in either leaving the cash or transferring the burden to someone else.

What Girls Said 14

• I Voted "D" for "Does this make Dollar and Cents with Common Sense?"
    If I didn't take it, Someone would surely Take it, so I guess it would make logical 'Sense' to Claim it.
    However, if I saw a '100 bill' Fall out of Someone's pocket and it Landed by my Feet, I would Instantly pick it up and hand it right Over... Finder's Keepers would Not be my slogan then.
    Good luck. xx

• If I saw 100 on a bench (park?), the person behind me will too. So, now I'm out of this 'free' 100 because I want to leave it for someone else to take it? Nahh. Maybe I'd put a sign up, that seems like the nice thing to do. If they could guess correctly but there's about 0% chance they could verify where they lost it, when, etc. Now, if I saw it fall out of someone's wallet, I would give them their money back.

• $100? Uh, yeah that shit's mine. I'd ask around to see if anyone has dropped some cash, not specifying the amount because if they know how much they'll just say yes. But in all likelihood the owner is gone and will have chalked it up to a loss by the time they figure out what they dropped.

• Option B.. No doubt

• Well, duh. It may not seem like a lot of money to some people but I would feel rich AF with $100. And that's what I need right now, to be rich AF. Not want, NEED.

• i voted C

• HELL YEAH! :D ;P

• Yes, I would be that chick that takes that extra step to go return a lost item to the lost and found.

I believe in karma, so by doing that, I get good karma - if I ever lose anything, it will be kindly returned to me

• When was the last time you lost something?

• You were just talking about karma, then you attributed @RedEyeMindTricks 's luck to luck, @melme16. o. o;

If you are doing good things to get good things to happen to you, then is that really good karma? Because ultimately, you're just doing it for yourself, hoping that it will pay off, no? So how does that buy you good karma?

• Ahhh. I see. Well, isn't everything we do thinking about ourselves? Unintentionally?

In this situation, I was thinking about the person who lost the item, and I put myself in their shoes. Then I say to myself, if I lost something, I would like the other person who found it to return it, kindly. Thats karma.

• That's my hundred now 😂 I'd inspect it before touching.

• Id take it and give it to a good organization, like the humane society or something.
    If it was just left there, someone else would most likely just take it for themselves

• Yeah. Duh. Im not an idiot.

• id take it

• Of course I would

• I've actually done that before haha

• Luckkkkky. :( I've never found free money before. But my parents did last week. They found 40 bucks in the Walmart parking lot, so they took it. They are hardcore Christian, so they felt fairly guilty over it; but still realized it was fine. But they still did it. So if even they would do it, I was pretty sure most people would.

• Yeah, most people would

What Guys Said 19

• I have on the ground and I so needed it I looked around no one was around. No wallet just a big bill. If I didn't get it someone else would. I split the money with my brother. I looked at it as a gift from above

• Of course

• "Return it to the lost and found" ... There's no name on the paper bill even the person who holds lost items would take the bill and say it's theirs who's to say they're lying? It would be wise to take it for yourself and foolish to give it away. Anyone can and just about everyone will say that it is theirs if asked.

• if it were a wallet or something I'd bring it back and leave the money in but just a $100 bill? Nah I'll keep it... probably no one can prove owning it anyway

• people lick up pocket lighters and pens they find lying around. I never understood why it's different with money.

• If there is literally no way to find the original owner its just free money.

• Without a moments hesitation... I'd take just about any quantity of money up until it got so big that I thought the owners would have the means and desire to reacquire it.

• you'd be stupid not to.

• Finders keepers losers weepers

• Yes. Finders keepers.

• yes i would

• The person who left it will not be able to prove that they lost it. It's better with me than some homeless person who'll just drink it.

• I've found a hundred dollar bill once on my way to the bus stop, it was pretty cool.

• No wallet! No owner! = MiMiMi!

• i would keep it 1 if someone loses a 100$ bill so easily they need to learn from it.

• 1. why am I even outside.

2. why would i touch used money

• Hell yea if you bring it to someone they will just steal it them selves or make the announcement and eberyone will come claim that they lost a hindred dollar bill...

• The problem is... I don't use dollars where I live.

But I can exchange it right?