Would you quit your job if your workplace enforced a stupid dress code gimmick day like pants off Friday or something?

My boss wants to make us do "board shorts Wednesday".
So like, wearing business attire on top and then a pair of board shorts and they can't be a plain color.
He thinks it will "lighten the mood" and be "fun".
I'm not happy about it.

• Yes
    25% (5)12% (2)19% (7)Vote
  • no
    75% (15)88% (14)81% (29)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
14|7

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup, I would

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, absolutely! I don't want to work when I look like a clown from a circus.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• Not worth throwing a job away over. There's much worse things to be asked to do in the workplace. Good luck finding another job in this climate.

0|1
    0|0
  • oh lighten up man, sheesh lol. it's just board shorts! id be so in!

0|0
    0|0
  • You'd quit your job over you boss wanting to do silly fun stuff once in a while? You must be a treat!

0|0
    0|0
  • It's stupid but I wouldn't quit my job for it.
    I might wear flourcent ones to get my inconvenience across.

0|1
    0|0
    • Or pink ones for me lol

• Now you are on the right tract ;)

There is this company where they changed the dress code to casual. The staff ended up looking like teenagers on the loose. LMAO
      They ended up doing a meeting to discuss the limits. lol

• IF jobs grew on trees... then yes... But since we live in a realistic world... NO.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's pretty ridiculous. We had casual Friday, where you could wear jeans to work but I highly doubt that someone would ever force us to wear silly shit. That's the benefit of corporate jobs.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, but it sounds silly... how about he makes a day where you can wear what you want? that would be fun.

0|0
    0|0
    • Because he's an idiot to put it bluntly

• I think it's be cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • LOLOL

0|0
    0|0
  • if they want tank top Tuesdays and i didn't feel comfortable I'd wear what I'd usually wear on the other days I don't want to participate in tank top Tuesday

0|0
    0|0
  • No, as long as it's still work appropriate (ie not in something too revealing, in my underwear or something along those lines).

0|0
    0|0
  • What the hell is pants off Friday?

0|0
    0|0
    • Some work places have Friday where you don't wear pants and just have your underwear.
      It's a particularly English thing apparently.

• Where exactly is this? So curious

• Accidentally hit yes, but no, I wouldn't quit. It sounds funny to me.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• i'd prefer board shorts to dress pants. it would depend on the gimmick and if they gimmick was especially absurd in my eyes then it would be depend on the job

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Have you tried finding another job in today's climate? Yeah those stupid gimmicks suck, but you might as well be a team player for the sake of keeping your paycheck.

1|0
    0|0
  • Uniform is uniform is uniform. I am not a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy. But that's our dress code, so I wear jeans almost every day. If it's worth leaving your position over then maybe you aren't happy with the job for other reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • 15 pieces of flair...

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd hate doing it but I wouldn't quit my job over it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Lol. That would be pretty fun actually.

0|0
    0|0