Will my parents find out I have to pay for someone's broken window?

Ok so I was drunk and broke someone's window with a bottle. It just happened on Sat.

After some long talk between the person and my friends, it was agreed I would be paying for the damage, the owner didn't want to ruin my record. However, I'm getting contacted through my cell phone (I didn't give out my home phone).

All I know is they're more than likely gonna freak out upon finding out I'm paying $400. It's only been 4 months since I started working (just graduated from HS this year).

I haven't told them yet. I'm trying to see if I can fix this on my own without them suspecting I'm paying that amount.

Stupid booze.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not the booze fault. Only the person that consumes it. They shouldn't find out at all if they don't have access to your accounts and you have enough to pay your others bills. They won't suspect nothing unless you are boring money for them and you have a job. That's a red flag.

Most Helpful Girl

• They won't find out unless you or a friend tells them.

I would just pay the money in installments if it's not easy to do in a one-go. If they find out, I would say that you were doing the responsible thing by owning up to it and paying for the damage. If it was my child, I would be happy they accepted their mistake and took the penalty without me having to give instruction.

What's the worst they are going to do? Tell you off for doing the right thing? Tell you off for being drunk? Happens to the best of us, we live and learn. I doubt your parents have never done anything stupid while drunk.

What Guys Said 2

• Learned a valuable lesson?

Why would your parents find out about this if you take care of it on your own?

• parents shouldn't find out unless the people tell them or they monitor bank transactions

What Girls Said 1

• Just tell them you broken the window and that you'll pay for it to get fixed.