What do you think of the Sims transgender update?

In case got don't know sims is a game where you can create characters and a family and you play their lives.

I would include a picture of what the update has but I'm on a crappy iPod right now. Im just going to say what the new gender options are
So it looks like this:

"Sims physique: Male or Female "
"Sims clothing: Feminine or Masculine"
"This sim can: Get pregnant, Get others pregnant, niether"
"Can this sim use the toilet standing up? Yes or no"
And then you can give female sims male voice, and the other way around.

I know a lot of you probably don't even play sims and don't care but I wanted to know if you thought the update was TOO political correct or you think it's good they are including more gender options

Most Helpful Girl

• How is it "too politically correct" to simply acknowledge that transgenders exist and integrate them in gameplay? There's dragons and the most unrealistic shit in plenty of games but suddenly people have a problem with people that actually exist in real life being added to a game and talk about political correctness? I mean cmon.. really?

• I'm not saying I find it too politically correct. I like the update. I'm just repeating what others including what my friends were saying.

• Yeah I wasn't referring to you personally but just people in general. I just love how it apparently became so trendy to claim things are "politically correct" or "culture appropriated" all of a sudden now.. people are literally throwing these terms around at everything bc they think the use of them makes them cool or something. How strange..

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't have anything against new updates. It's optional isn't it?

I mean sounds to me like the people who want to do that get to do that now and the people who don't, don't have to bother with it. Everyone wins.

What Girls Said 20

• I think it's a bit political. Still, I don't mind the update. I'm able to play the same way as before, and it gives people who want to make transgender sims the option.

• I love sims <3 and this update is cool, I would play with it, even if I'm not transgender, it's nice to have a diverse household. It helps the story :)

• I don't care I think it's cool

• it reflects real life, there's always been intersex people and transgender operations are real proper these days. y, u mad?

• I'm all for allowing additional creativity. Now you can build a character any way that you want. I don't see how that's political. I think it's more political to force people to create characters in a single, approved way.

• This is the sims freeplay right?

Good on them, it's politically correct, but I like it and I think it's a smart move.

• Never cared about sims games.

• I think it's an interesting addition! I tend to play Sims with a friend of mine, and if we get the update I'd love to explore it!

• Im more shocked that people still play Sims.

• Yes it's still growing strong haha. There's only one expansion pack for sims 4 so it's going to continue going strong for a few more years

• I'm more shocked that people keep buying dozens of $20-30 expansions. What a cash cow!

• It's a game about simulating life, so why not?

• o0o i LOVE sims, but yeah that feminine/masculine thing is annoying...

• Well, my sister plays Sims so I will ask her about it.

• They strive for real life right? Why do people think it's politically correct to acknowledge transgender people exist?

• I haven't played it since the update came out but I've heard about it and think it's a great option.

• I don't see a problem, seems kinda fun.

• Yeah it's fun. I made my male sim pregnant. Lol it's great

• Lol I'd probably do the same. I haven't played in a while. What's the latest one? Would you recommend it?

• I'm not 100% sure what the latest game is. I know there's a sims 4 expansion pack but I forgot what it is. I just played for the first time in a while the other day, so I haven't been keeping up to date

• I personally don't consider it a 'transgender' update specifically. It's just more ways to customize a sim ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I love the Sims and I think the update is really great.

• To be honest... I think it adds confusion.

Deep down I believe there are some transgender cases that are real but some that "just a fad" or "bad parenting". It didn't happen 100yrs ago as much as it did now and it's not change of brainpower.

I believe in some ways inflicting a choice means a transgender can try a lifestyle, even just virtually, but opting to be a nothing continues that confusion. In a roundabout way, it helps people come to a conclusion.

• I like that there is an option available for players that want to create that. So many people from around the world enjoy Sims, why can't everyone be able to be created? It's their game, their world they are building. I see it as a good thing.

What Guys Said 11

• A Big LOL for me when I read what you wrote.

I don't even play this game although I've heard and seen videos of it before on Youtube. I think they had to make it more diverse and make it so that gamers from different cultures and backgrounds all have an opportunity to relate or something. Who knows? Maybe the company that developed and created this Sims game have a couple of staff members there that are transgendered and that this gives them back respect or something, I don't know. Just my guess.

I mean, can't you ignore the update and not install it if you don't really want to or if you don't like or agree with it? It's optional right? No one is actually making you do or accept whatever the fuck you don't want to accept.

• Well, if you're going to have a people simulator then I suppose it makes sense to have these options. As much as I find SJW bullshit to be irritating, this doesn't count, it actually makes sense to have this stuff in The Sims if you're going to have it anywhere.

• The Sims is supposed to simulate people right? Transgendered people exist so not a problem for me.

• I think it's great to have more options

• That's disgusting.

• I was a sims player.
    It's a nice pack of options, sure. Gives a lot of freedom.

• They strive for realism and relevance
    Bravo

• I really don't understand the need of "transgender" sims...

Surely if someone is transgender (i. e wants to me be a man, but was born a woman) they would just choose to create a female character?

• I think its fn gay

• Should be disabled characters as well both physically and mentally.