I get my first car tomorrow... nervous?

I finally got my driver's license (thanks for the clap) after a LONG time. It didn't come easy to me at all.
Now.. tomorrow I get my first car (a used honda accord, meh) to I guess.. practice on and learn (I believe you pass to learn).
I've got to drive the car home on my own from the dealership and I'm so scared. Lol.
Has anyone ever felt this way... did you feel this way the first time you had to drive alone?

I know I know what I'm doing. But I'm majorly doubting myself. Of course, there's things I need to work on.. such as parking. Lol.. reverse parking & parallel to be exact. That's why I got myself a car to keep driving and practice on.

Are these nerves normal? I'm also scared of coming into a road or a situation where I blank out and don't know what to do. Am I overthinking here orrrr... LOL

Most Helpful Guy

• Honda accord lol
    That's the most "dad" car in the entire world.
    Anyway, just take it easy your first day on the road solo. Honda build their cars well , keep your eyes on the road, look where you want to go , just stay relaxed , if you feel your shoulders tensing up , just deep breath , keep your arms lose , heads up and you're golden.

As corny as this sound.
    YOU CAN DOOO ITTTT

• LOL! Dad car? Well I will be starting a family soon, soooo.. lets call it a mommy car shall we..:D

Thank youu! You've been helpful throughout my car journey hahahaha

• Ahhhhh I see I see. Well then soon to be mommy lol , Mommy's Car it is. :D
      Don't mention it , drive safe and have fun.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it's normal! I had the world's ugliest car for my first car as you do make a lot of mistakes from nerves your first year. I mean I ran over a lot of stuff... but 3/4 years later and not a scratch. Everyone's nervous, it's a big change but you'll be OK :)

What Guys Said 7

• Don't over think it.
    I remember being nervous the first time I drove alone. It feels a little strange the first time or two, but just pretend your mom/dad/driving instructor is in the passenger seat and you'll be fine.

• It's fantastic until you total the monthly gas and insurance bill. Then the occasional maintenance fees and hiccups.

• Another woman behind the wheel? I need to buy a stronger helmet.

• driving anxiety disorder

• I was 19 when I had my first car and I sold it because the economy was so bad.

• better "practice" in open lots. if you practice around other cars and you hit one, you're not going to like it

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• It's totally normal. Just remember your instruction and be extra extra cautious.

• congratulations. just remember everything you learned and relax. you'll do fine. :D

• Be careful, first day I had my car I backed into a parked car... sad and hilarious now memories